Community Education at the Corner House

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 19 Jul 2016, 17:29

I'd love in-depth introductions to different classical composers.

Helen Holwill
👍

Tue 19 Jul 2016, 07:48

I'd be interested in one-off workshops or ongoing classes on things like webpage design using Wordpress, maximising social media for business, business coaching, etc.

Wendy Bailey
👍

Tue 19 Jul 2016, 07:07

Would anyone else be interested in photography? I certainly would.

catherine searby
👍

Mon 18 Jul 2016, 14:22

I would love a beginners dressmaking course.

Mazzie Bianchi
👍

Wed 13 Jul 2016, 12:43

Spanish classes would be fantastic! My partner is Spanish and our baby is due in August. He will be speaking Spanish to the baby and although I do understand some, it would be great to learn the language at the same time. Thanks

Jean Adams
👍

Tue 12 Jul 2016, 16:42

Italian please. There was an Italian Class in the Corner House in 2005. It needs Beginners and Year 2 at least.

Celia Faulkner
👍

Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:37

We would also like to learn German, but the nearest class is in Cowley. We would certainly support language classes in the Corner House.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 11 Jul 2016, 19:18

Would love to learn Spanish. At the moment considering going to Witney

Ted Welsh
👍

Mon 11 Jul 2016, 19:17

Like John I went to the Italian language course at the School and was disappointed we could not continue. Similarly the German language course my wife and I attended at Witney was Transferred to Abingdon and we felt this was too far to travel. We would welcome and support courses for both languages if they could be held locally. Ted Welsh.

John Dora
👍

Thu 7 Jul 2016, 19:58

Foreign language courses would be good. I attended an Italian course in the Primary School in 2007 or 2008 but it didn't progress more than one term - most similar courses are in Oxford or Witney...

Phil Morgan
👍

Thu 7 Jul 2016, 14:04

Once upon a time there was a thriving programme of Community Education in Charlbury with a paid coordinator. Then the County Council withdrew funding and it collapsed.
The Corner House has four rooms which are under-used on a daily basis. As a member of the Corner House Management Committee, I am posting this as an exploratory enquiry to ask people what classes they would like to see and to ask who might be able to offer them.
I would be happy to see a thread develop here where those who want something can be in contact with those who can offer something.
The four rooms in Corner House can accommodate between 12 and 30 people and letting fees are very reasonable. I am not planning to be a coordinator for the classes. Any Tutor offering a class will need to book independently and charge a per session fee which gives them a decent profit for their expertise.
My role is to put people in touch. I can answer individual enquiries and act as a conduit between those who want and those who can. Please post on this thread or mail me separately on philmorgan717@hotmail.com

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.