Family History - Burial Information

Leah Fowler
👍

Thu 2 Jun 2016, 09:00

I have checked the Church records and as Gordon says there is an entry for a funeral, but as I expected no entry in the burial book as the churchyard was closed by then. The burial would have been in the cemetery so you need to contact Roger Clarke 01608 810608.I saw him yesterday and he is expecting a call from you.

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 1 Jun 2016, 19:41

File cards relating to Burial, Baptism & Birth Records at St Mary's Church are kept under the desk at Charlbury Museum (with some gaps relating to years when some records were destroyed).

It's a fabulous resource for those researching Charlbury family history as the records go back generations. You'll find details of the museum and the Curator's email address here: www.charlbury.info/community/42

Leah Fowler
👍

Wed 1 Jun 2016, 16:48

But the burial would be in the cemetery even if the service was in church

Gordon Clemson
👍

Wed 1 Jun 2016, 16:15

Hello, There's an entry in the Parish records for St Marys church Charlbury for the Burial of Agnes Grace Rhodes on 21st Feb 1944 aged 43... hope this helps

Leah Fowler
👍

Wed 1 Jun 2016, 14:43

You need to contact Roger Clarke the Town Clerk as a burial in 1944 would be in the cemetery not the church yard

Paula Rhodes
👍

Wed 1 Jun 2016, 14:14

Hi, I am looking into my husband's family tree and we believe his paternal grandmother is buried in Charlbury. Her name was Agnes Grace Rhodes (nee Potter) and we believe she died in 1944 aged 44. Is there any way we might be able to confirm if she is buried in Charlbury and how would we find out the plot number etc.

Thanks in anticipation

Paula Rhodes (Mrs)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.