Dior induced traffic

Dan Brett
👍

Thu 2 Jun 2016, 15:06

They've got the money and obviously feel that they shouldn't be slumming it in minibuses.

I don't know where you get 150 blacked out limos from around in Oxford, I imagine that the cars drove everyone home at the end as well.

Janet Sly
👍

Wed 1 Jun 2016, 22:07

Did the Mecedes perhaps also travel from London? And if so could they not have brought the passengers all the way by car rather than train? Better still use train and then coaches or minibuses from station as suggested... Whatever the case, I don't think much of Dior's carbon footprint!

Christine Battersby
👍

Wed 1 Jun 2016, 20:00

The Dior Orient Express, aka 'Dioriant', left London's Victoria station 45 minutes later than scheduled.

Given that the allowed free parking time limit at Charlbury station is now (officially) a mere 20 minutes, it would be interesting to know how many of the Mercedes attracted fines from the number-plate recognition cameras. Perhaps that is why so many of them waited in the street or at the Cricket Club (with permission, I assume).

Sue Normand
👍

Wed 1 Jun 2016, 19:38

It might have been better if they'd shared some minibuses... they could be mercedes and blacked out as well!

Dan Brett
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 18:46

A complaint to Dior wouldn't go amiss. It did feel a bit like 'we have the money to do whatever we like'.

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 18:05

Perhaps we should ask Dior for a small (say £1M) donation to our community for the inconvenience caused!

NADINE MILLS
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 17:56

Walked past one Dior gent in Woodstock and my God he smelt fabulous!

Gordon Clemson
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 17:44

They used Hanborough Station for Churchills' cortege..... so could have done the same again for Dior

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 17:30

Amazed they didn't use Combe station like they did with Churchill's cortege - I bet they did in 1958 when the original Dior show happened at Blenheim.

Janet Sly
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 16:21

Just drove my daughter to the station to catch 16.12 train to Oxford. It was chaos with black mercedes all the way into the station stopping anyone else drive in or out. They were also using the cricket club car park.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 16:07

No but did wonder what was going on causing all the chaos in Market Street

Dan Brett
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 15:51

Was anyone aware that Dior had chartered what seems like 150 cars to drive people from 2 special trains through Charlbury to Blenheim Palace today? The traffic up Dyers Hill has been jammed up for almost the last hour and a half.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.