Water Meadow rubbish - take care with dogs

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 17:35

Thank you Catherine for this information
I would just like to say the the Mill Field is for the benefit and enjoyment of all and that this shows a responsible approach by our teenagers which is good to know
I can well remember the excitement from way back after my own exams and with this commendable attitude by the young people concerned I think there is no issue at all with them enjoying themselves.
The same can be said for the Riverside Festival where the field is always left just as they found it so we should all look forward to this years event on Saturday 23 July 2016 to Sunday 24 July

Catherine Morton
👍

Tue 31 May 2016, 08:56

It's wonderful that local people take great concern and care of the Mill Field as place that we are so fortunate to share and enjoy. I'd just like to add to this feed that it was a number of the teenagers, who had enjoyed their well deserved 'leaving school' party on Friday night that returned the next day to make a thorough clean up of the post-party mess. I think we should thank them for their very responsible actions and recognise that they were our local kids having a great time out in the sun. P.S. I am not parent to any of the teenagers involved.

Tony H Merry
👍

Mon 30 May 2016, 16:47

Yes Liz you are right and it is completely clear and after a careful examination I can see nothing now even in the nettles
Also my repair to the brook at the top of water Lane has held and this makes the lane much drier and is now completely passable from the bridge down to Pound Hill with just some small puddles

Liz Leffman
👍

Sun 29 May 2016, 21:05 (last edited on Sun 29 May 2016, 21:05)

It was completely clean this afternoon, so presumably someone cleared it up - thank you

Tony H Merry
👍

Sun 29 May 2016, 21:00

Thanks John for the clarification
As I am currently the councillor who has taken over this responsibility as well as being 'Rave Monitor' for Charlbury I do take this posting very seriously and will inspect the area tomorrow and report to the Town Clerk as well as on this Forum

john h
👍

Sun 29 May 2016, 17:57 (last edited on Sun 29 May 2016, 18:40)

I spent 24years with the Mill Field as my responibility on the Town Council,and am a dog owner, so I have a pretty good idea what goes on in the Mill Field.
Over the years I have picked up bags& bags of broken glass, and worse, to help keep animals and humans safe.As you may be aware the Mill Field is owned and maintained by Charlbury Town Council,if there are dangers to the public(and animals)with litter etc, then contact the Town Clerk on 01608 810608 during office hours.

Hamish Nichol
👍

Sat 28 May 2016, 19:32

Actually Its is It's.
Very amusing that the name of somewhere is of more importance than the considerate safety message offered by David. #villagelife ;-)

john h
👍

Sat 28 May 2016, 19:19

Its called The Mill Field!!

David Prudence
👍

Sat 28 May 2016, 13:36

The water meadow looked idyllic this morning - until you got within 20 yards of the seat by the bridge to Watery Lane. The view then changed to 30 plus cider and beer cans, beer bottles, vodka bottles, soft drink cans and bottles, Jaffa cakes etc. left behind from last night's party. We were not equipped with bags to collect this lot but were collecting what we could when two girls sheepishly approached to tackle the mess.

This type of thing may be a regular occurrence in the summer, but dog owners should be aware that there will be more broken glass in the nettles at the side of the meadow and there are likely to be bottles or broken glass in the river itself. The area on the far side of the bridge was used as a toilet.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.