Parking in Charlbury

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Thu 19 May 2016, 13:28

Thanks for the reply Paul another question will those 12 "extra" parking spaces be under the main car park rule for the amount of time or will there be a time restriction or Community centre users only restrictions to these 12 places ?

Paul D Jenkins
👍

Wed 18 May 2016, 19:33

Tim. All contractors will be required to work and park within the main fenced construction site and not the WODC Spendlove car park. I appreciate that there may be occasional access problems at times as with any major development, large lorries will obviously be entering and leaving the site. That said, the proposed contractor is well use to working on difficult sites in Oxford and will have a permanent and experienced manager on site. Further, TGT site will be adding 12 new spaces to the existing Spendlove spaces spaces on completion of the development.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Wed 18 May 2016, 13:42

Ah I follow you now, that why Tuesdays are bad, thanks always wondered

Ruth Williams
👍

Wed 18 May 2016, 13:39

No I haven't anything against the Ramblers at all I agree they give Charlbury's economy a boost, it's just an observation and that is why Tuesday's are busy.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Wed 18 May 2016, 13:08

Ramblers are good Ruth as some businesses benefit from them its the Rail users that are a problem

Ruth Williams
👍

Wed 18 May 2016, 12:03

Tim I agree. On Tuesday, I believe Ramblers meet and use the centre of Charlbury for parking before they set off. Evenings are no problem.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Wed 18 May 2016, 11:29

At 8.37pm Russell parking is nearly always going to be easy, however the rest of the time can be absolute hell to try and park, particularly Tuesday's for some reason don't know why but it is and it will only get worse with this " Community Centre " being built no doubt the contractor's will take up half the main car park most of the time whilst its being constructed, as they need to park somewhere without being in the way of the building works, its a shame that area had great potential for a nice big carpark....

Romaine Schmidt
👍

Wed 18 May 2016, 06:46 (last edited on Wed 18 May 2016, 22:04)

Parking is a now a noticeable issue in Charlbury especially for those who live in the centre with no off street parking. Lots more houses being built in and around the town, more people mean more cars. Simply a fact. How about Lobbying Network Rail to build a second tier car park for the commuters? P.s I think it's wonderful how the town has been revived with lots of visitors coming to walk and go to the Bull/Rosie etc. All great energy!

russell robson
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 20:37

Just for information

I have just been to the CoOp

Plenty of parking space, but still three cars parked on the double yellows.One practically in the middle of the road.

In 13 years I have never had a problem with parking in Charlbury.

I must be the luckiest man alive!

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 18:04

No it will not be closed just diverted in front of the Pavilion

Michael Taylor
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 17:41

Does anyone know if the footpath from Nineacres through to the co op will be closed off?

Paul D Jenkins
👍

Mon 16 May 2016, 22:28

Heather

The plan at the present time is to erect Hersa fencing around the Community Centre site during the weekend of the 4th June. The plan is for some site clearance to start relatively quickly after this date with the demolition of the Sports and Social Club programmed towards the mid to end of June. We have currently applied for all the appropriate permissions to carry out the demolition but there is often a 6 week period for WODC to process the demolition request. We will where possible keep the car parking on the TGT land open but also progress site clearance works where possible. I anticipate the whole TGT site will be passed over to the contractors by no later than the end of June. At this point no parking can be permitted on the "waste ground" area. We will keep the community updated through a Q & A sheet on the TGT community pages but anybody is welcome to call me on 07786 274234 to discuss any aspect of the community centre project.

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 15 May 2016, 12:29

Can anyone enlighten me, as to roughly when the works at the Gifford site will start and will there be hoarding put up to protect the existing car parking at the Spendlove Centre? I know the Sports Club will be taken down in the next few week, but will fencing be erected first?

Leah Fowler
👍

Sun 15 May 2016, 07:57

There can't be parking restrictions unless there is someone to implement them

Leah Fowler
👍

Sat 14 May 2016, 16:13

A suggestion Liz from someone who like me is lucky enough to live in the centre of the town with off road parking

Liz Reason
👍

Sat 14 May 2016, 11:42

I wonder how many people could choose to work or cycle rather than use their cars.

Jean Adams
👍

Fri 13 May 2016, 13:15

People working here could have EXEMPT stickers authorised.

Ruth Williams
👍

Fri 13 May 2016, 10:44

Mmm, it has been very busy for the past few weeks. People who work in Charlbury at the co op, chemists etc., would find that difficult for the 2/3 hours you are suggesting. Lack of parking and double yellow lines, mean people who work in Charlbury have to park in the Car Park. I don't think it is necessarily people catching the train.

Jean Adams
👍

Fri 13 May 2016, 10:12

When the Sports Hall/Community Centre is built, where are we to park? I have just been to the Charlbury Dentist. At 9.15 there were no spaces in the Car Park, the rough ground was full of cars and I eventually parked, with permission, in the Disabled Space outside the Dentist. If the majority of the Car Park were designated 2/3 hours it would allow most residents to shop or attend classes and stop the long term parking for rail passengers. First though another floor over the Station Car Park has to be built. It can only get worse.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.