Abandoned car

glena chadwick
👍

Mon 16 May 2016, 12:23

Thank you Wes.

Wesley Smith
👍

Fri 13 May 2016, 16:55

I have spoken to the owner of the vehicle today and they have assured me that it will be removed next week.
Wes Smith
PCSO c9837

Philip Ambrose
👍

Tue 10 May 2016, 10:27 (last edited on Tue 10 May 2016, 10:38)

That vehicle IS illegally parked - see rule 101 of the Road Vehicle (Construction & Use) Regulations 1986 :-
Parking in darkness

101.�"(1) Save as provided in paragraph (2) no person shall, except with the except with the permission of a police officer in a uniform, cause or permit any motor vehicle to stand on a road at any time between half an hour after sunset and half an hour before sunrise unless the near side of the vehicle is as close as may be to the edge of the carriageway."

Thsee regulations ensure that red rear reflectors of parked vehicles should always be visible to the closest moving traffic. Para 2 relates to ONE way streets where off side parking may be legal.

glena chadwick
👍

Wed 27 Apr 2016, 00:11

True; that situation is much more dangerous than our abandoned car and I have seen it cause lengthy tailbacks----however it still seems odd that no-one has wanted that car for three months.

Liz Leffman
👍

Tue 26 Apr 2016, 14:21

Could not agree more, Michael. I have been trying for ages to get the yellow line painted higher up from the junction to prevent people from parking so close to the turning, but the County Council, whose job it is to do this, has not responded.

Michael Butler 16
👍

Mon 25 Apr 2016, 20:27

I agree this must be annoying but........

Surely the ridiculous parking at the bottom of Nineacres should be addressed? When you enter from the left you do not know what is coming towards you and its closer than 10 metres from the junction

John Dora
👍

Mon 25 Apr 2016, 15:26

Response to Jon - it's addressed to someone in Kirtlington

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:49

Can you read the name and address on the envelope in the passenger footwell?

glena chadwick
👍

Sat 23 Apr 2016, 11:47

Thank you Ian.

Ian Lewis
👍

Fri 22 Apr 2016, 18:46

Try highway code for parking opposite a junction:

Rule 243
DO NOT stop or park:

near a school entrance
anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
at or near a bus or tram stop or taxi rank
on the approach to a level crossing/tramway crossing
opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
near the brow of a hill or hump bridge
opposite a traffic island or (if this would cause an obstruction) another parked vehicle
where you would force other traffic to enter a tram lane
where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility vehicles
in front of an entrance to a property
on a bend
where you would obstruct cyclists' use of cycle facilities except when forced to do so by stationary traffic.

glena chadwick
👍

Fri 22 Apr 2016, 18:32

Interesting thought Helen, but the reg. of the one for sale is different. I know no crime has been committed but I was just politely asking if the owner would move it.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Fri 22 Apr 2016, 17:02

I think there is a silver Peugeot 206 currently for sale in the adverts - any connection?

sharon
👍

Fri 22 Apr 2016, 16:29

Maybe it's someone who is at university etc as long as it's insured and taxed then no crime is committed and within your post you say please move it and let someone else enjoy it don't you think if they didn't want the car then they would of already sold it?

glena chadwick
👍

Fri 22 Apr 2016, 15:39

A small grey/silver car, a Peugeot 206 , reg. YG51 KAM has been parked on Enstone Road, outside nos. 7 and 8 for nearly 3 months. The police have been notified but say that as it is taxed and insured there is nothing they can do, though they say it belongs to someone in Charlbury---they cannot say who. As far as we can tell it has not been used in all that time.
It is not illegally parked but being opposite the end of Wychwood Paddocks is not a good idea. Also we are getting rather fed up with the sight of it.
Could the owner please move it and let someone else enjoy it---or, alternately, as it is obviously not needed, perhaps they could sell it and give the money to a worthy cause ?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.