PLU - People Like Us, or not ! (Debate)

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sun 29 May 2016, 08:12

Yes, we need homes in Charlbury for young, local families and even more so for those who are not so privileged as to have many choices in their lives.

Clare Carswell
👍

Tue 12 Apr 2016, 16:30

I am not a Charlbury resident and do not stand to gain from the Rushy Bank development, although perhaps one day I may earn enough to be able to part buy myself a little home there sometime before I stop work, which is likely to be in my seventies. I am presently watching gardens and the surrounding countryside turn blue as good burghers bang their stakes into their land to lobby for votes for Dave and his gang once more. It seems a good moment to say how sorry I am to learn that there is a privileged coterie in the town who are planning on spending lots of money to attempt to challenge the planning permission granted by WODC for the commendable Rushy Bank development which will bring affordable housing to the town as well as a pioneering residential facility for those with early onset dementia. I do not know who these people are but I see that they have formed themselves as the Friends of the Evenlode Valley, disguising their self interest as an appeal to the environmentally minded. I hope that they spend lots of their money, that their challenge fails spectacularly, that the development goes ahead and that they then sell their lovely houses and go and find another unspoiled bit of England to live in until the next time the irritation of those who are not like them, who may be ill or less well off and needing housing intrudes on their expensive idyll. They are are clearly bent on being friends of no-one except themselves, but then that is the whole point of being a PLU !

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.