Co-op fiasco !

Clare Carswell
👍

Thu 24 Mar 2016, 16:46

The Co-op are attempting to deal with this issue. Here is what their Community and Sustainability Manager says :

"We are currently looking into the email addresses that you have provided as to why they have not been included in the email campaign for this round. Once we have analysed this today and over the weekend, we will investigate the possibility of getting the email re-issued to the members that have not received the email where possible. We will aim to get this email communicated to the applicable members by Wednesday next week, to enable them to take part in the vote."

I'll keep you posted on this unfolding shambles. It would have been simpler to write a nice letter to 20 kind people and ask them for £50 in order to get £1000. If we don't win the money this month I don't think I can face going through all this for a third time !

Nancy Whitfield
👍

Thu 24 Mar 2016, 13:56

I did not receive any Co-op voting email either, but I decided to email them with my membership number and say that I wanted to vote for Lights Up on the 16th.
I then received a reply email on the 21st March allowing me to "press the button" to vote for Lights Up. Sure hope you win!

Here's their email address in case others have not received their voting email-

cooperativemembership@communication.midcounties.coop

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Thu 24 Mar 2016, 13:18

had my email yesterday and voted

Clare Carswell
👍

Thu 24 Mar 2016, 12:47

I have heard from 7 people this morning who sent their email addresses and Co-op membership numbers to me or to the Co-op last month as they wanted to vote for Lights Up Arts & Dementia to win £1000 in the Community Choices scheme.

Although the voting opened on Mon 21st they have still not received an email inviting them to cast an electronic vote. This means that 7 people who want to vote for Lights Up cannot do so. I am aware that more than 40 of you sent me your email addresses and members numbers last month and in good faith I forwarded them to the Co-op as I was instructed to do. I am dismayed now to learn that some of these people are not getting to vote. I need to try to establish the scale of the problem.

If you registered with the Co-op you ought to have received an email from them. It will have come on Mon 21st or since and be from The Co-operative Membership with a subject line 'Community Choices - Vote for your local good cause to receive £1k' .

If you have received that email please do vote for Lights Up by following the link under the description of us.

If however you have not received that email please let me know asap at mail@clarecarswell.com

As of this morning we are 10% ahead in the poll but it is a margin that can easily be closed so we really do need as many votes as possible to ensure we get this money that we so badly need. I need to sort this mess out before the long bank holiday week-end to ensure as many of you who want to can vote for us before the poll closes on 31st March.

Thanks for your support for Lights Up.

Clare Carswell
mail@clarecarswell.com

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.