Today's newspapers

Miles Walkden
👍

Wed 23 Mar 2016, 16:53

James. we all have it in for Hundley way and its pesky residents.

James Styring
👍

Wed 23 Mar 2016, 14:54

Fiveways won't deliver to Hundley Way and presumably to other places in town - unless they have it in specifically for Hundley Way!

Richard Cocks
👍

Sun 20 Mar 2016, 17:32

We transferred to Fiveways when News and Things first put up a "For Sale" sign about three years ago without a word to their customers! News and Things later sold the paper round to Cafe de la post because they did not want to sell it to Fiveways as it was regarded as competition.

graham W
👍

Sun 20 Mar 2016, 10:17

Not one mention that the distributors of newspapers in Oxford are on strike, hence why there are no papers in town.

Liz Reason
👍

Sun 20 Mar 2016, 09:57

I was intrigued at the time that News & Things transferred their round to Cafe de la Post outside Charlbury and didn't use Fiveways. We're going to transfer to Fiveways.

Robin Taylor
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2016, 16:55

As far as delivery goes, Tim, Cafe de la Post do try to bring the papers over in bulk, and drop them at the doors of local deliverers, who then walk/bike them round to individual customers.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2016, 16:07

I believe that Fiveways Store already delivers newspapers in Charlbury. I'm sure somebody will correct me if they have recently given up newspaper deliveries. I know that a few News and Things customers transferred there, precisely to keep their business within Charlbury.

I was sorry that the newspaper concession at Charlbury station wasn't offered to them as that is where I like to pick up a newspaper.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2016, 15:24

That's fair enough Robin. Although it doesn't seem very environmentally friendly having cars chug around the area from Chadlington when we have 3 shops that sell newspapers in town, I realise that some people are not able to get to the shops very easily and do need a delivery service perhaps the Charlbury shops who sell Newspapers could relook at the possibilities of local deliveries (unless of course there is an EU directive stopping them from doing so ) and maybe residents who fill in the new town survey could the put that into the suggestions section that way the local shops could benefit and dare I say flourish as then customers would go into the paper shops and pay their bills weekly as well as helping give some part time work to delivery people.

Robin Taylor
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2016, 13:58

When News and Things gave up delivering papers, Cafe de la Post took over all their rounds.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2016, 13:53

just out of curiosity Liz why the Cafe de la post for papers do Charlbury not deliver ?

Leah Fowler
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2016, 13:44

Ah sabotage

Liz Reason
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2016, 11:34

We get our papers from Cafe de la Post and they say they still haven't received them. On the day that Southill Community Energy is features - along with David Cameron's supportive statements!

Andrew Chapman
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2016, 08:57 (last edited on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 08:59)

Bleary-eyed residents might want to know that newspaper deliveries to Charlbury's three outlets (the Co-op, Fiveways and Charlbury Deli & Café) have been delayed today - they are expected later this morning.

(By the way, the Deli is now open on Saturday afternoons, from today.)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.