We're a bunch of 'urbanites'!

Miles Walkden
👍

Mon 1 Feb 2016, 21:39

I wonder if any of you Urbanites could come and help us out in the Hard-pressed Living area. Cash would be nice, but food parcels would suffice.

russell robson
👍

Thu 28 Jan 2016, 19:06

I'm unclassified!

James Styring
👍

Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:02

Great spot, Andrew. Hilarious descriptions and completely wrong wherever you look in the UK.

Michael Flanagan
👍

Wed 27 Jan 2016, 19:36

Ah. But what sort of urbanites?

Many of my neighbours in the town's historic core (including all of Church St) area appear to be the "ageing urban living/ self-sufficient retirement" variety: only a minority of us are in the "Urban Professionals" demographic.

But perhaps we shouldn't trust this kind of research too much. Among our better-heeled neighbours:
- Our Prime Minister's Summer Palace is apparently for "rural white-collar workers" So is Sir Ben Kingsley's gaff.
- Cornbury seems to be inhabited by "Hard-Pressed Living/ Ageing Rural Industry Workers" (which I think's a ploy to drive up the cost of our Wilderness tickets)
- Blenheim's residents are in "self-sufficient retirement"

Tony H Merry
👍

Wed 27 Jan 2016, 11:09

Thanks for that Andrew
I see we were down as sub-urbanites so said I thought we should be rural white collar instead

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 27 Jan 2016, 10:35

The Consumer Data Research Centre has a website where you can see the supposed demographic groups wherever you live. The map here - maps.cdrc.ac.uk/#/geodemographics/oac11/default/BTTTFTT/14/-1.4789/51.8728/ - shows most of Charlbury dominated by 'urbanites', with ghettos of 'suburbanites' and 'hard-pressed living' on the town's eastern fringes. So now we know.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.