Bridle path alongside quarry Ditchley Lane

chris emsden
👍

Mon 14 Mar 2016, 22:23

So, let's get this right, the path has been cleared so that people can walk just themselves or their dogs up a nice wide track, but people are now driving their cars up their, to park further up the track & then get their dogs out & go from that point? Why don't you park the car on Ditchley Rd & give your dogs a longer walk all the way up the track, & yourselves because it sounds like you could do with some fresh air? & if they are driving up the track, where are they turning round to come back down? Without shunting backwards & forwards to turn which will churn the ground up even more! Honestly, what are some of these people smoking? When some of them are out with their dogs it makes you wonder which 1 is the dumb animal?!

PAUL R JACKSON
👍

Sun 13 Mar 2016, 20:54

This is great that the lane has been cleared for regeneration of the hedge rows and to improve access to walkers and horses. But I believe a bridleway such as this should only be used by motor vehicle users that need to gain access to their own land or for the care of livestock, not for dog owners to drive further into the country side park up an exercise their dogs. Park at the junction on Ditchley road and walk.

Heather Williams
👍

Sat 12 Mar 2016, 22:00

Fly tipping immediately came to mind as they will be able to drive further up now it has been widened. It probably didn't need clearing that much to make it wide enough for vehicles.

Julie Negus
👍

Sat 12 Mar 2016, 20:53

People are now regularly using the bridle path with cars and also vehicles are using it late at night, something that needs addressing by the council ?????

sarah routley
👍

Thu 21 Jan 2016, 17:15

It looks fantastic and many of us have been enjoying walking along it this week. It does look like cars have been using it though and someone mentioned quad bikes. Now it's cleared it's much more accessible, and this will quickly mess up the surface again.

Tony H Merry
👍

Wed 20 Jan 2016, 12:02 (last edited on Wed 20 Jan 2016, 12:06)

Yes the Town Council got this message an apology from Dan Weeks of the Access team so they must have already picked up some comments
Each footpath has a number used to reference it
There is an excellent on line interactive map that you can use to report other issues at publicapps.oxfordshire.gov.uk/content/publicnet/council_services/environment_planning/countryside/Map/ROW/row.html?utm_source=FURL-1&utm_medium=countrysidemap&utm_term=nil&utm_content=&utm_campaign=countrysidemap
this is also the definitive public rights of way map in case you want to check.
and yes it is important to recognise them as Oxfordshire has up to now kept this service separate unlike other Authorities who have made it part of highways which would mean a much worse service
Just to let you know that we have done the long overdue clearance of Charlbury 13. I looked at it yesterday and it has made a great difference. I gather from sources that several locals have also commented on how good it now looks.

Dan

Gillian Glasson
👍

Wed 20 Jan 2016, 10:03

The work was carried out by contractors organised by the County Council's Countryside Access team in Eynsham. They would be delighted to know that you value public rights of way and can be contacted here:
https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/contact-countryside-service

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Tue 19 Jan 2016, 20:46 (last edited on Thu 21 Jan 2016, 21:38)

I hadn't been up there for a while & I simply couldn't believe my eyes when I went to walk up there the other day. They have done such a good job opening it up. It was almost unrecognisable & having a carpet of wood chippings to walk on instead of mud was sheer bliss.

Thank you to whoever was responsible. Hoping as well that they continue it right the way up.

chris emsden
👍

Sun 17 Jan 2016, 13:47

Yes, someone, maybe the same people did this about 3 years ago, last time they followed it round the top of the Quarry & went all the way along the bridle path to the end where the fields meet & open out, they cut it right back to the edges of the fields both sides, it was great, hope they are going to go all the way along again!

Julie Penny
👍

Sat 16 Jan 2016, 22:41

We are very lucky in Charlbury to have access to many foot and bridle paths, the bridle path along side the quarry has been cut back over the last week or so, thank you whoever is responsible for clearing the path. There were a few fallen trees across the path, this makes it much safer when walking in the dark.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.