DAYTIME PARKING WATER EATON

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2015, 09:55

Yvonne, if the parking at Water Eaton is full (very unlikely!) you can also park in the station car park. It's basically the same number plate recognition system and parking fees, plus a huge car park with many empty spaces (so far at least). The pricing structure for parking is very similar -- £2 for up to 11 hours -- the main difference being that you can park for up to a week.

If you park there, just make sure you use the parking machines at the station, not the ones in Water Eaton. It's a different firm & a different location code. From the station car parking machines, it's a very short walk to the buses.

Do allow enough time to get to the Water Eaton/Oxford Parkway car parks by car. The first time I tried it, there were queues stretching back round the roundabout near Sainsbury's at Kidlington --due in part to the temporary traffic lights near the new station, plus also all the roadworks near the Cottesloe (and also Pear Tree) roundabouts.

As I'm sure you know, you need also to allow extra time for the buses to negotiate the traffic on the way to the hospitals -- although the bus lanes certainly make things much better for buses than for those traveling in by car.

Yvonne Beaumont
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2015, 18:34

Thank you so much, Alice. I've been v anxious about this not knowing how things are after the new station opening. This website, and the helpfulness of people like you, is great.

Alice Millea
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2015, 16:00

Hi Yvonne. I use Water Eaton every day. When I get there at 9am there's usually plenty of spaces. By the time I leave, about 1.30, it's busy but not completely full. I think you'd be OK mid morning.

Yvonne Beaumont
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2015, 13:12

I want to catch the 700 hospital bus from Water Eaton mid Tuesday morning: as appointment time crucial, can I rely on parking space or does it get full up?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.