Noisy work in Market Street

John Werner
👍

Mon 7 Dec 2015, 17:55 (last edited on Mon 7 Dec 2015, 17:57)

That Market Street must be a mayhem nowadays!!!So sorry for all those who have been suffering!Hope it gets better (before) soon.

Shelagh Scott
👍

Mon 7 Dec 2015, 16:38

This afternoon scaffolding is being put up on the new building, taking up all the pavement outside. Meanwhile the pavement opposite is completely blocked by the scaffolding lorry. So pedestrians can only get past by walking in the road which is reduced to one lane by said lorry.

Caroline Shenton
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2015, 18:11

Baaaaaaaa!!!

stephen cavell
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2015, 16:11

Lets send the sheep down Market Street late at night so that the insomniacs can count them to help them go to sleep.

Steven Fairhurst Jones
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2015, 13:49

Sheep do still come down Sheep St but they do it late at night when WODC aren't looking.

Caroline Shenton
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2015, 11:33

Yes, got a letter this morning too.

nigel rosser
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2015, 11:03

Very telling that when Thames Water applied for permission from WODC and failed to secure it they "went ahead with it anyway." Who are Trinity Properties?

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2015, 08:54

Hand delivered letter this morning from Thames Water about work on the 4th-5th Dec
for reinstatement of footway and carriageway for the Old Bakery 21.00 to 00.00

Caroline Shenton
👍

Wed 2 Dec 2015, 22:01 (last edited on Thu 3 Dec 2015, 07:33)

We did not get one - a letter or a good night's sleep, that is. Nor, should I say, have the developers Trinity Properties made any attempt to engage with local stakeholders who have been affected in a range of ways - noise, parking, disruption, day and night - throughout the months of work which have been going on. This is extremely disappointing and very poor reputationally for them. I hope the Town Council will take this into account should TP apply for any future planning permission.

And Leah, Sheep St is called Sheep St, yet I don't see too many sheep down it these days.

John Werner
👍

Wed 2 Dec 2015, 21:34

I should be thinking of all good people of Market Street who won't get their usual good-night-sleep on Friday. Hope you get through that night!

Susan Way
👍

Wed 2 Dec 2015, 17:50

But Leah, if you were still running a business you might not have felt quite so good if you'd had no sleep.

Leah Fowler
👍

Wed 2 Dec 2015, 17:39

Well if I was still; running a business in Market Street, I would have been very pleased it was done at night so as not to disrupt trade, it is after all called Market Street not Residential Street.

Susan Way
👍

Wed 2 Dec 2015, 16:24

Thames Water told me today that they had hand delivered a letter to all residents of Market Street and they have emailed me a copy today - we didn't get one. If anyone wants to see it I can email it to you.

They said it's cheaper for the developers (Trinity) to get Thames Water to work at night rather than apply for a road closure and have it done during the daytime.

They also said they had written to WODC to get permission for late night working and had received no reply so had gone ahead anyway. I understand that someone from WODC had been in touch with them today about the noise which suggests a lack of coordination there.

The work on Friday night will be tarmacing over the area they dug up on Monday and "should not be as noisy".

Brian Honeyands
👍

Wed 2 Dec 2015, 09:34

Thames Water are returning at 10pm this coming Friday to complete the work ( Which went on for 7 hours on Monday night ) beginning at 10pm. Sarah Doughty at Thames Water said to me the reason this work had to be done in the middle of the night was because Market Street is a " Lorry route!! She can be reached on 08000093921 if you would like to express your opinion on this ,also WODC noise pollution are not very impressed.

Susan Way
👍

Wed 2 Dec 2015, 06:39

Yes, seems Thames Water can do what they like. They said they notified neighbours (though we had no letter).

Mark Purcell
👍

Tue 1 Dec 2015, 22:38

Seriously? At that time of night??

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 1 Dec 2015, 22:36

Trinity buildings being connected to water

Mark Purcell
👍

Tue 1 Dec 2015, 22:01

Can anyone shed any light on the road works in Market Street last night? The drilling started at 10.45 last night, and there was still a good deal of noise going on at past one in the morning. Was this some sort of emergency?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.