Quarry

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 24 Nov 2015, 12:37

Two posts removed and thread locked. Please remember that one of our few forum rules is "Abuse of other contributors will not be tolerated". You can remind yourself of the rest of them using the link on the left.

I understand that the quarry is an emotive issue, but this is not a forum for describing someone as "some idiot", nor for insinuating that someone might have been involved in criminal damage. If you'd like to discuss the quarry in another thread then by all means do so, but in a constructive, forward-looking manner, please, rather than trading in veiled (and very possibly actionable) accusations.

Thank you.

Gareth Davies
👍

Tue 24 Nov 2015, 01:03

thank you so much Lesley for kindly notifying us of the damage the police have been informed of the criminal damage and repairs are underway once again thank you .
Deborah as you well know the quarry has always been private property and as the disused mines ,quarry's and tips act goes it is to stay sealed off . This is backed up by insurance company and health and safety .This is also backed up by Natural England due to the criminal damage being done to the SSSI on the site !
please feel free to talk to me anytime .

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Mon 23 Nov 2015, 21:39

Perhaps it is a member of the general public attempting to reclaim what was so wrongfully taken away from us! I would personally like to shake that/ those individual/s by the hand.

Lesley Algar
👍

Mon 23 Nov 2015, 09:24

I noticed yesterday that some of the barbed wire has been cut back in several places leading into the top end of the quarry. Is this something the council or owner should know about?

This thread has been locked. You cannot add any further replies.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.