Rushy Bank Approval

David McCutcheon
👍

Sat 7 Nov 2015, 16:23

So what happened to Hector's House?

Tony Morgan
👍

Sat 7 Nov 2015, 10:22

Think I might have inadvertantly started a historical literary competition!

Ali Ross
👍

Fri 6 Nov 2015, 17:54

Can't wait to move in with my family, Aeneas, Troilus, Hector and Andromache

Alan Wilson
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2015, 15:55

Since both points of view are ones it is entirely possible for reasonable people to hold, it does seem a pity if it generates a long-lasting schism.
I must admit to a certain nervousness, though, especially given the earlier Southill Solar decision as well as this one, that developers may feel that they can get away with more or less anything if they can find a suitable good cause to link it to.

Tony Morgan
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2015, 15:43

Phil/Mike I thought I'd try & summarise the 2 views & express my concern about the schism which unfortunately I do not think will be easily healed
If you want me to come off the fence then I think the trojan horse is now within the gates, but I'd be very happy to be proved wrong

Mike Williams
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2015, 12:57

The wounds caused by the introduction of the railway in 1853 seem to be healing, so I'm taking an optimistic view.

Phil Morgan
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2015, 11:23

Carefully balanced on the fence then Tony.
But, I do agree with you that it is unfortunate that some bitterness has crept into the debate. Schism can destroy friendships and that is the last thing we want in the wider Charlbury community.

Tony Morgan
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2015, 09:21

If this turns out to be a one off development, with cheap land provided by a magnanimous landowner to facilitate a dementia centre, then I will agree with the previous posts, & the lib dem councillors who strongly supported the development on behalf of their Charlbury constituents
If it turns out to be a trojan horse that allows the barbarians through the gates then I will applaud the Friends of the Evenlode for their prescient warning
I would think that a view on the above is one of the things that separates the supporters & opponents
However I suspect both sides regret the schism that this proposal has caused in Charlbury

Pearl Manners
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2015, 08:42

Congratulations.

Phil Morgan
👍

Wed 4 Nov 2015, 16:41

Yes, well done to all those involved in the project.

stephen cavell
👍

Wed 4 Nov 2015, 15:28

Congratulations on getting this through.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.