The Bull - Planning Application

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2015, 22:13

And it's very good. Imaginative refit - so much more space than before. Short but impressive menu - perhaps a small step up in price from what Charlbury's had before, but the steak I had was absolutely superb. Three real ales (a Hooky, a Wye Valley and another I didn't catch), a good cider. Most important of all, a friendly attitude and a willingness to please. I'm suitably impressed and really hope they succeed.

Katrina Ross
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2015, 21:06

It's open!

Pearl Manners
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2015, 21:05 (last edited on Sat 5 Dec 2015, 07:57)

When I walked by about 2pm today I noticed a lot of crates soft drink being stacked at back entrance, also there was this huge Black Chimney thing with smoke billowing out so I think that's a positive sign...... I don't think they are opening Saturday as they wont be ready when some friends enquired. Thanks for update they were obviously misinformed then it's a shame they missed the opening.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2015, 20:57

The latest rumour is 'possibly Friday, definitely Saturday' - though it's a shame the new owners aren't making the most of this website to market themselves yet. Hopefully that will change!

John Munro
👍

Thu 3 Dec 2015, 20:27

Does anyone have an update on when The Bull is reopening, as I have heard that some people may have got reservations to eat the this weekend?

Suzy M-H
👍

Sat 21 Nov 2015, 12:17

Phew! Relieved to hear that as we're very excited about our meal at the new Bull!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 21 Nov 2015, 09:18

Brian - that just suggests that they're using the domain for email but not for a website at present. It's not a "promo agency", it's just the standard holding page that 123-Reg (the domain name company) puts up if you haven't uploaded a website. There's a disclaimer at the bottom that explains it. Nothing to worry about!

Liz Leffman
👍

Sat 21 Nov 2015, 08:16

Pack Taverns is registered in Combe. The new owner of the Bull is called Charles and he lives in Combe. I think your booking is safe, Suzy!

Brian Murray
👍

Fri 20 Nov 2015, 23:19

Interesting post, Suzy. If you go to packtaverns.com web site you end up with all manner of subjects covered; from pubs to churches. Looks like it is little more than a promo agency. Might be worth double checking your table reservation.

Suzy M-H
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 12:55

Managed to book a table for 18/12! If anyone else wants to book, try this email charles@packtaverns.com as I don't think the old one is being used.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 18 Nov 2015, 16:46

It does say the 26 Nov. expiry date for planning application so I wonder if they will make it for Christmas if all goes well. I do hope so.

Suzy M-H
👍

Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:25

Any news on a re-opening date? Want to book a meal for 18/12! Tried ringing but no reply.

Julie Penny
👍

Sat 31 Oct 2015, 22:41

Also looking forward to being able to have somewhere good and hopefully welcoming to go again in Charlbury.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 31 Oct 2015, 17:14

They haven't got planning permission yet...

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 31 Oct 2015, 14:48

I'd heard it suggested that the start of December was the proposed opening date.

Trevor Taylor
👍

Sat 31 Oct 2015, 14:30

The Bull has never been the same since Roy and Suzanne Flynn left. Let's hope the new owners rise to the challenge and restore great dining to Charlbury. The omens look good. Fingers crossed.

Katrina Ross
👍

Fri 30 Oct 2015, 20:24

Does anyone know the date of when it's opening!
Will give the Bell a run for its money...

Angus B
👍

Fri 30 Oct 2015, 18:25

I note the advert says "a very exciting new pub opening on the site of The Bull Inn in Charlbury". Does that mean the name will be changing?

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 30 Oct 2015, 17:58

Thank you John.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Thu 29 Oct 2015, 19:06

This looks really positive for Charlbury - I can't wait to eat out more locally.
They are also recruiting for chefs
www.caterer.com/JobSeeking/Sous-Chef-CDP-and-Commis-Chef_job63754026
really wish them well in this endeavour.

John Munro
👍

Thu 29 Oct 2015, 18:54 (last edited on Thu 29 Oct 2015, 19:48)

Hannen
Take a look at the News section on the Home page for links..

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 29 Oct 2015, 18:36

Please can someone give me the link? Many thanks.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 29 Oct 2015, 18:00

I've 'bumped' the planning application news posting a couple of days early so this gets on - you can now see it from the News page. Agreed, very much looking forward to the reopening.

Romaine Schmidt
👍

Thu 29 Oct 2015, 17:03

so exciting, can't wait!

Tony Morgan
👍

Thu 29 Oct 2015, 11:56

Yes will be good to have a decent place to eat in Charlbury again, although it will hit Tom's trade in rolls in the Rose!

John Munro
👍

Thu 29 Oct 2015, 11:30

Nice to see the proposals for The Bull now online at WODC...they look good -.can't wait for the re-opening!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.