Smallish wedding reception venue - Charlbury or nearby

Lucy Mitchell
👍

Fri 6 Nov 2015, 21:31

Dear all, thank you ever so much for your replies, all your suggestions were very much appreciated. My partner and I have booked Sandford St Martin Town Hall now, but we are also having a blessing ceremony in the Summer so we may still use one of your suggested venues!
Kind wishes,
Lucy

mandy
👍

Wed 4 Nov 2015, 18:08

the bird in hand have a function room out the back of the pub

helen sinton
👍

Mon 2 Nov 2015, 21:02

Cricket club is an option

Ann Harper
👍

Sat 31 Oct 2015, 19:26

My daughter was married in September in the Mayor's Parlour in Woodstock Town Hall with the reception upstairs. The maximum number of guests (inc. any catering staff) is 50 and there is a large kitchen.

Parking can be a problem.

Mark Sulik
👍

Tue 27 Oct 2015, 21:08

Lucy,
The Bell Hotel in Charlbury have a function room . This will cover the alcohol licence issue
The wychwood Golf Club at Lyneham have 2 rooms and again will have a bar
Good Luck

Stephen Andrews
👍

Tue 27 Oct 2015, 15:47

Adding to Susie' posting, smaller accommodation can be found in the Morris and or Larcum Kendall rooms in the Corner House or the new delightful Green room at the back of the Memorial Hall.

john h
👍

Tue 27 Oct 2015, 15:19

The Bowls Club

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 27 Oct 2015, 15:01

The Memorial Hall ?

Lucy Mitchell
👍

Tue 27 Oct 2015, 13:54

Hello,
I just wondered if anyone knew of any small and informal wedding reception venues nearby? My partner and I are marrying on the 22nd of November and would like to have a very low key party afterwards but are finding it hard to find places to hire with an alcohol license near to Charlbury which don't cost an arm and a leg! We are happy to do the catering ourselves and are looking to do something non traditional. We would hold it at home in Charlbury but do not have the room sadly. If anyone knows of anywhere that could accommodate 35 people who would like a tipple then please do let me know, your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much. Lucy

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.