Large feline animal behind Baywell Cottage this morning.

Matt Cardy
👍

Mon 19 Oct 2015, 09:16

Maybe some'thing' got left behind from the wildebeest festival? My normally tough terrier has been spooked a couple of times in the ticknell area and run all the way home! Proof that something is afoot.

Peter Bridgman
👍

Fri 16 Oct 2015, 17:22

Whats a knightmare? is it a Knight on a female horse, rampaging around after dark?

chris emsden
👍

Fri 16 Oct 2015, 15:48

It's your worst knightmare isn't it! Haven't the people of St Osyth been through enough!!

Alan Cobb
👍

Thu 15 Oct 2015, 08:42

Meanwhile, the Essex Lion, otherwise known as Teddy Bear the Maine Coon cat, continues to stalk the hedgerows of St Osyth!

Gordon Clemson
👍

Wed 14 Oct 2015, 22:31

Result !! .... good to get back to nornal

chris emsden
👍

Wed 14 Oct 2015, 22:22

No Gordon, I chased the 'Crafty Old Hen' out of my garden & he's not been seen since! As a result of this chase, I had a raging thirst so I drunk a pint of 'The Old Speckled Hen', & all seemed right with the world again!

Gordon Clemson
👍

Wed 14 Oct 2015, 22:13

Ah ! Chris you may have encountered 'The Old Speckled Hen' or maybe the lesser known 'Crafty Old Hen; both known around these parts for many years !

chris emsden
👍

Fri 9 Oct 2015, 21:45

Who knows what's wandering about at night? The 'Large Black Cat' has been seen by a few people over the years, 2 of my friends who are not inclined to tell tall stories have seen it while walking their dogs up the fields at dusk, & I called my dogs to heal late 1 evening when something I couldn't make out clearly in the fading light came out of the hedgerow about 100 yards in front & stopped & looked at us for a mo' before slowly disappearing into the next field. There are some scarey birds flying about round here too, some with huge wing-spans & hooked beaks! I go to work any time from 3am on, 1 morning going across to The Marlborough I was going through Kingswood & a bird came flying very low up the road towards me, I have a Land Rover Discovery & it was about level with my roof-line, this thing was no Owl, it had a wing-span like a Lancaster that filled the road with very slow wing- strokes, I put my main beam & fog/spot-lights on, & I actually ducked because I thought it was going to hit my roof as it flew over me!

Alan Cobb
👍

Fri 9 Oct 2015, 19:55

"Grey/beige coloured", "Cat like", "size of a small sheep". Could be a description of my Maine Coon cat!

Andrew Chapman
👍

Fri 9 Oct 2015, 17:02

If it quacks like a duck, it's a duck

Elaine Newbold
👍

Fri 9 Oct 2015, 16:52

or the phantom tyre slasher from Market Street?

Peter Bridgman
👍

Fri 9 Oct 2015, 16:42

Maybe its a capybara escaped from the wild life park!!! I don't think I have spelled capybara correctly

brian
👍

Fri 9 Oct 2015, 15:46

Could it be David Cameron's pig ?

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 9 Oct 2015, 12:33

Hound of the Baskervilles?

russell robson
👍

Thu 8 Oct 2015, 13:27

Pigmy Hippo?! Beware of it's poo!

I've seen them on the upper reaches of the Evenlode, largely nocturnal, sleeping in trees during the day as they are good climbers.

However there was also a lot of fox activity in the area last night that I heard.

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 8 Oct 2015, 13:19

Approx 3.30am this morning a largish grey/beige coloured 'cat like' animal, approx. the size of a small sheep walked stealthily through the field behind my garden. It triggered the security light which alerted me to watch it. This was not a cat as it was too large.
Has anyone else seen it?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.