Leather-working skills?

Ben Miller
👍

Wed 7 Sep 2022, 08:57

Many thanks, both!

michele marietta
👍 3

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 12:55

We've used the cobbler who is on West Street in Chippy. Acerbic, but excellent work repairing shoes and other things. Recommended.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 1

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 12:35

Very recently I had a zipper replaced on a leather backpack by S&S Shoe Repairs and Services in Witney and they did an excellent job.  They seem to be all-round shoe and leather repairers, and very nice to deal with.  At 44 Corn Street.

Ben Miller
👍

Tue 6 Sep 2022, 11:33

Does anyone know whether this has changed since 2015? Looking for a saddler/leather worker (or a proper cobbler) who can do a few small jobs on shoes.

Georgia Mazower
👍

Mon 7 Sep 2015, 11:04

I bought a leather handbag/satchel from the shoe shop in Chippy ((on New Street) and it needed a repair sometime later. They sent it off to a very good man, who did a lovely job, so you could enquire there? It was a long while ago but perhaps worth a call and the woman there is very helpful.

Liz Reason
👍

Sun 6 Sep 2015, 20:00

Heather, great idea, thanks.

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 6 Sep 2015, 18:01

You probably need to get in touch with a saddler (the nearest one I know of is Rimmells in Shipston on Stour) or someone who repairs shoes, they may be able to guide you in the right direction.

Leah Fowler
👍

Sun 6 Sep 2015, 17:46

Plenty in the museum

Liz Reason
👍

Sun 6 Sep 2015, 13:43

I'm very attached to a very old leather handbag whose lining has lost the will to live. Does anyone have leather-working tools or skills that they could put at my disposal?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.