TV reception

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Fri 14 Aug 2015, 16:53

Yes. We also have had a visit from AT800, and had the upgrade filter. Very efficient, and now we have channels again. Just checking it out and it seems fine.
Nothing to do with Wilderness! You just need to ring the number on the card that came through the door to organise it all.

Sue Normand
👍

Fri 14 Aug 2015, 09:58

We had a visit from AT800 and alls well again - 4G eliminated from our signal or something like that! He had to go up to fix filters to the aerial.

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Thu 13 Aug 2015, 23:24 (last edited on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 23:27)

Pity that the majority of your 165 channels have absolutely nothing worth watching on them most of the time!

I though the pixies had a liking for stealing apples rather than gazebos :)

ann
👍

Thu 13 Aug 2015, 18:50 (last edited on Thu 13 Aug 2015, 19:57)

Filter arrived and am pleased to say signal now back 165 channels only took just over 2 weeks..
Having had it on looked through the channels , still not tthat good on. ITV and several others so will hold my views just yet.

Sue Normand
👍

Tue 11 Aug 2015, 22:41

I'm sure its just coincidence Russell!! Or perhaps there is a strange mast up there diverting signals....

russell robson
👍

Tue 11 Aug 2015, 21:09

It is safe to assume that Wilderness Festival is a sinister leftist plot to pollute the youth and middle classes of west Oxfordshire with filth, lust and a liking for bass heavy music. I'm sure they would do anything to make the residents of Charlbury listen to the vile, Icelandic pixies, and Spanish harlots strapped to the crotch of 50ft men!Playing with our digital signal is the least of our worries. Check your gardens, they may steal your gazebo!

ann
👍

Tue 11 Aug 2015, 20:14

Just wondered about the wilderness as started again same time, probably just a coincidence . Anyway still no signal , have contacted the number about 3 times, first filter not arrived, and as yet nor has filter no 2 and when I rang never even suggested sending an engineer just the filter. House certainly quiet without TV..

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Tue 11 Aug 2015, 19:56

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but why should something at Wilderness Festival have any effect on TV Freeview signals that are coming from the Oxford transmitter mast?

Wilderness was in Cornbury which is South-West of Charlbury and the Oxford transmitter is South-East. Are you all suggesting that Wilderness was using frequencies which interfered with the Freeview broadcast signal?

Our reception is now better than before, with BBC being good at the moment, but sometimes channels other than those from BBC are weak and pictures pixelated.

NADINE MILLS
👍

Tue 11 Aug 2015, 19:52

Sue and Ann - if you phone 0333 31 31 800 they will send an engineer out at no cost to fit a filter - it is apparently interference coming from the new 4G signal. The number above is for freeview. my neighbour and I have call outs booked for this week and we are hoping it will resolve the problem. pass the word round to those not using the forum and let us know if it works for you.

Sue Normand
👍

Tue 11 Aug 2015, 19:09

We are not getting any tv at all - BBC 1,2 3 4 pixelated - and nothing at all ITV, Ch 4 or 5. Still hoping when Wilderness finally cleared up it will be back....

NADINE MILLS
👍

Mon 10 Aug 2015, 13:36

tried a re-tune which has only picked up a few channels and messed everything else up numerically. Still have BBC1 and BBC2 but there is obviously something amiss with the mast or is it anything to do with current work on the mobile mast - not a techie but does that relay the Oxford mast to this area?? I cannot find any info re problems with the Oxford mast - all very strange and frustrating. I do have my Vodafone signal back but apparently they are still working on the mast at the fire station.

ann
👍

Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:02

Well have now gone through all the checks with Talktalk and confirmed its a signal problems we use only Youview (freeview), have again contacted at.800.uk to get a filter first one never arrived and also according to their site I have a good signal, but my television says otherwise, now wait to see if filter no 2 arrives as cannot see any TV now will keep trying the re-tune this varies sometimes 3/21/160 channels? ?

John Stanley
👍

Sun 9 Aug 2015, 13:10

This is a mystery. I am in the same area as some of those who are getting poor or no signal. My reception from the Oxford transmitter is perfect. A DVD recorder had to be retuned a couple of days ago and all channels came in at signal strength 7, 9 or 10 (the maximum). Could poor reception be due to an aerial problem?

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sat 8 Aug 2015, 20:27 (last edited on Sat 8 Aug 2015, 20:30)

Yes, we've been pixelated for about 3 days...! we're on the Hanington mast...

ann
👍

Sat 8 Aug 2015, 18:25

Still poor or no signal even after a re-tune, will wait to see what happens after wilderness ends,., fed up.

john h
👍

Fri 7 Aug 2015, 15:23

have you tried a retune.

ann
👍

Fri 7 Aug 2015, 15:02 (last edited on Fri 7 Aug 2015, 20:12)

Yep we are also getting problems, seems to be since Wilderness has started, no problems before except when 4g was switched on last week.
Just re-tuned as you suggested and not made a bit of difference, we are also using the Oxford Mast and are between Little Lees and Marlborough, this started like the others Thursday night ..

NADINE MILLS
👍

Fri 7 Aug 2015, 14:48

I'm in Marlborough Place and I have BBC 1 and BBC 2 but all other are pixelated or not available ie no signal and I am deffo on the Oxford mast - my neighbour who is also on the Oxford mast has no Tv whatsoever.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Fri 7 Aug 2015, 10:55

From which transmitter do you get your signal, the Walcot repeater or the main Oxford mast?

We have had some bad days here in the highest part of town during the recent high-pressure atmospheric conditions which can make watching or recording anything a waste of time.

As I understand it leaves on trees that are in the way can cause a big problem to signals, which I find surprising; let's face it, trees are everywhere around here, and we didn't used to get this problem with the reception a few months ago.

Perhaps that was before trees had so many leaves!

Sue Normand
👍

Fri 7 Aug 2015, 09:50

We are having a problem receiving any tv reception - went some time thursday. Our aerial looks the same - just wondered if anyone else had notices sudden lack of picture... Thank you Sue

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.