Wilderness - entrance to Cornbury for local ticket holders

russell robson
👍

Fri 7 Aug 2015, 07:45 (last edited on Fri 7 Aug 2015, 07:47)

Rod Evans
👍

Fri 7 Aug 2015, 00:23

Went to North Lodge about 5.30 and asked. Told to go (to next group of security people and) ask (for) Alice. Thought of asking if she was 10 feet tall but discretion etc (you have to be of a certain age). She wasn't - but was charming and had the wrist bands. Also told to ignore the 'no re-admission', hope they do tomorrow. No-one sure where the info tent was but found people selling programmes - so all very easy and looking great so far. What effect all that sweat, sun tan lotion or worse will have on the fish remains to be seen....

Michael Flanagan
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 14:52

I've just collected my programme from the info tent in the main arena. 9/10

At about 1345, a charming lady standing outside the Food Traders Accreditation cabin at North Lodge (the Park St entrance) had a bag of wristbands. Quick handover, walk towards house, left turn (marked "boutique deliveries") just before house, 200 yd walk then a well-manned security check into the festival.

Queues for the programme (at Info tent in main arena) look like they're going to be a problem: just two tills to sell them.

Otherwise, infinitely the least painful access to Wilderness or its predecessor since the festivals started.

Alison Wright
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 14:50

Hi Liz - yes see my earlier posting - the local wristbands should be at the North Lodge office by now.

russell robson
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 13:29 (last edited on Fri 7 Aug 2015, 07:48)

Hoefully people can chill a little at the festival!

One should not be expect the business skills of say a large telcoms company at an event run by volunteers and interns

Liz Reason
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 13:19

I've contacted Wilderness and they are now sending someone down to North Gate to do the local ticket exchange.

Alison Wright
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 12:10

Just to remind everyone, you can request a wristband for general camping, quiet camping or family camping, or simply a 'local access' wristband if you do not wish to camp.

Alison Wright
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 12:04

You can come and go with the local wristbands - they are for the entire weekend. I think that means that they are non transferable - i.e. you can't share your wristband. Yes they are purple.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 11:52 (last edited on Thu 6 Aug 2015, 11:52)

Thanks for sorting this out so quickly Alison, but can someone from Wilderness check they are handing out the right wristbands - I have just checked and the four local weekend tickets (no camping) I just picked up say no re-admission - they are purple. Have I been given the right tickets?

Alison Wright
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 11:47

Anyone wanting to get in touch with me directly, my email is alison@alisonwrightpr.com. I am not Wilderness staff, but I do help with local communications for Cornbury Park. I am happy to answer issues around local tickets/wristbands etc and will do my best to help.

Alison Wright
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 11:43

Hello everyone. I've been to talk to the Wilderness staff at the office at the gate at North Lodge. They hadn't been given local wristbands, and they are not a box office, but someone is on their way over their now with wristbands for local ticket holders. So yes, I think that has been sorted out now.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 11:32 (last edited on Thu 6 Aug 2015, 11:36)

After wasting time trying to beat the queues and pick up local wristband at North Gate, I just bluffed my way into the Park and cycled through Cornbury to Southill - the main box office is just up from Southill where the footpath leaves the estate. It is the main entrance for the site, so I would hesitate driving via Finstock. The staff member at the North Gate said that 'they knew they did this last time, but they had a meeting and decided just to exchange local tickets for wristbands at the main box office'. She had no idea who Alison Wright was nor how to contact her - seems little has changed in spite of Cornbury's best efforts. I hope it can be sorted out quickly.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 11:10

By the way, where is Crane Hill?

Alison Wright
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 10:59

Sorry about that - I'll have a word with the organisers now.

Bob Khosa
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 10:44

Really? Friends at North Gate told at 10:00 no local tickets / wristbands. Had to to trek to Crane Hill.

Some miscommunication methinks - which you need to sort out asap before more people waste their time.

Alison Wright
👍

Thu 6 Aug 2015, 08:27

If you have a local discounted ticket or a ticket purchased from Charlbury Post Office, you will be able to exchange it for a wristband from 10am on Thursday 6th August at any of the three gates: Crane Hill, North Lodge and Southill.
You can request a wristband for general camping, quiet camping or family camping, or simply a 'local access' wristband if you do not wish to camp. The wristbands allow repeat entry and access via the same three gates. If you would like to drive, you can purchase a car parking pass which will be valid for the entire festival when you first enter. This pass will only be valid at the gate you initially enter.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Wed 5 Aug 2015, 22:25

Local ticket holders can use any gate to get their wristbands

Simon Fenn
👍

Wed 5 Aug 2015, 22:13

Does anyone know if local ticket holders can collect their wristbands at the Charlbury gate? There was a lot of confusion and irritation over this last year when we had to traipse round to the box office on the Finstock side.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.