Mobile Phone Action Group formed

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Mon 10 Aug 2015, 21:20

I seem to have permanently available 4g signal from Vodafone now. Is this the fix or a temporary position for Wilderness?

Liz Soar
👍

Fri 7 Aug 2015, 18:16

This is just an update for anyone currently negotiating compensation with Vodafone (with apologies to those who are sick of reading about mobile signals). I spent about an hour on a web chat today, having received my August bill without the compensation I'd been promised over the phone. During the chat, they proposed 50% reduction on my bill as compensation for the period of no signal plus the current poor signal. In the end they agreed to waive all charges for August, so around £40. They also told me they're working to fix the current problems and this work should be done by Sept 1st (hmmmm...)

Caroline Shenton
👍

Wed 5 Aug 2015, 06:27

A communication from our MP who also happens to be the Prime Minister may help concentrate minds at Vodafone and O2. Has anyone contacted David Cameron's office?

Leah Fowler
👍

Tue 4 Aug 2015, 16:15

Will be teaching SEMAPHORE at Holiday Club tomorrow

Anthony Horn
👍

Mon 3 Aug 2015, 23:18

On their website, goto support, then contact us, then at the bottom 'Make a complaint'

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 3 Aug 2015, 23:07

after not being able to have a conversation, or the option to talk with someone , i have had a 5o min WEB chat, where we went round in circles, passed to a supervisor, who had no authority , or took the tim to read the notes from the person who i started the chat with.
Having 4 phones in our family, vodafone offered £ 25.00 in total ... i did not accept

they did not want to provide details ( or know how to ) of who i was able to write to , as they were unable to resolve my issue.

Poor customer service.....

Anthony Horn
👍

Mon 3 Aug 2015, 22:32

I did manage to talk to someone last week and was promised compensation. There was an option on 191 to request a callback on a landline.

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 3 Aug 2015, 21:09

Does anyone have a Telephone number at Vodafone to actually talk with someone ? rather than going to a on line WEB chat ?, what ever happened to real people talking with each other ? i am sure if they offered this service , they would get great ratings and good feed back. i hate talking to a machine.
191 option does not give an option to talk !

Trevor Taylor
👍

Mon 3 Aug 2015, 17:02

BBC now covering update on town's mobile phone problems.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/oxford

Trevor.

Hans Eriksson
👍

Thu 30 Jul 2015, 11:30

O2 has that same thing as EE, where you use wifi if the mobile phone reception is poor. Go here www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

Trevor Taylor
👍

Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:59

Maggie. to be honest I'm not sure at this stage. I think we need a small group of local mobile phone users so we can brainstorm, identify priorities and launch an effective campaign. It would involve no cost, just a bit of time and enthusiasm. Trevor.

Maggie Watts
👍

Wed 29 Jul 2015, 18:50

What sort of help are you suggesting?

Trevor Taylor
👍

Wed 29 Jul 2015, 14:10

It's clear that despite the recent upgrade at the Fire Station mast, mobile phone services in the area still suffer from poor reception and 'black spots'. A lone voce achieves nothing but if the whole town were to lobby for improved services we might get somewhere. With this in mind I have formed CAMPUS - Charlbury Area Mobile Phone Users.

Would one or two others be prepared to devote a bit of time and energy to help CAMPUS get improvements to the local phone services?

If you can help then do drop me an email. No good phoning - the mobile's not working!

Trevor.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.