Acrobatic planes over Charlbury today

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Sun 19 Jul 2015, 09:53

One of the things I look forward to every year is the free viewing we get here in Charlbury as certain planes fly over on their way to Fairford. Saw those guys yesterday but sadly they had gone before I even had the chance to grab my phone to start videoing them. Hopefully we will get a few more today.

Jenny Chambers
👍

Sun 19 Jul 2015, 08:58

Thank you, especially to Harvey & Linda. I much appreciate the info and that you took the time to give me a detailed response.
I love it that, living in Charlbury and with this Forum, I could ask this question and have it answered!

Harvey & Linda Warner
👍

Sat 18 Jul 2015, 20:57

The Aircraft were Pilatus NCPC-7. They are flown by the Swiss Air Force PC-7 Team, who are taking part in the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford this weekend. They would have been in the Air Show Northern Hold, approximately 20 miles North East of the Airfield, waiting for their display slot. Probably flying a few practice formations to get into trim, as they were not part of Friday's short Display Programme. They are due to fly on Sunday and it is entirely possible they may drift out this way again.

Ali Ross
👍

Sat 18 Jul 2015, 13:20

Part of the Air Tattoo going on today and tomorrow at RAF Fairford, I presume. I saw them too. Very impressive.

Jenny Chambers
👍

Sat 18 Jul 2015, 12:47

Does anyone know anything about the 9 small planes which did a loop-the-loop, in tight formation, above Charlbury today at 12.15? They then flew off in a southerly direction. The precision flying was a joy to behold! But why were they here and ... can we get them back again!?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.