BT Infinity TV v Sky satellite TV

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Wed 15 Jul 2015, 13:13

Thanks for the suggestions - still pondering...

Tony H Merry
👍

Wed 15 Jul 2015, 09:41

Depending on what you want to watch a much cheaper option may be a now TV Box www.nowtv.com/?referrer=nowtv&DCMP=KNC-Brand-nowtv-Core-NOWTV-NC-Google
There is a free 30 day trial and it connects via your WiFi. After the trial you can cancel but it keeps working for all non subscription services - so not Sky Sports or Films but you can pay to view these if you want something particular. Seems to have been working fine for me and its FREE!

Peter Kenrick
👍

Tue 14 Jul 2015, 10:11

Plusnet have just introduced a Youview TV package for users of its unlimited fibre offering so you may like to look at that option as an alternative to BT. I use Plusnet for unlimited fibre and phone and am very happy with their service and price.

Also I used to have hopeless terrestrial TV reception from Walcot but I recently installed a new terrestrial TV aerial directed to Beckley and am very pleased with the result.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Mon 13 Jul 2015, 19:56

I've just switched away from them in favour of plusnet's fibre package, which was cheaper than BT's and better reviewed in Which. This is, however, only Internet and phone not TV, for which we use freesat. From where we are, nine acres close, traditional aerial was hopeless.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Mon 13 Jul 2015, 17:53

We currently get TV via a Sky satellite package and broadband (not fibre) through Plusnet.
We are considering changing to a BT superfast fibre package for both, but are cautious about switching from the satellite format, which works, to the BT format. We do not currently have a working aerial for "old fashioned" TV.
Does anyone in Charlbury have any experience of switching to BT?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.