First great western

nigel rosser
👍

Tue 21 Apr 2015, 14:16

You can get on the A40 a lot more quickly than travelling to Burford, I believe. But why expect logic from First Great Western?

PJ Honey
👍

Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:19 (last edited on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:21)

I think it was because of traffic problems this morning following an accident on the A34 so the driver might have wanted to miss out the more straight forward route.

I was on that bus too. It was nice to have a day out in the Cotswolds but not when you're trying to get to work....

nigel rosser
👍

Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:00

Well obviously they run their replacement bus services like their trains, but could we not have gone via Leafield and Hanborough?

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 21 Apr 2015, 11:48

It's probably because of the weight limit on the Charlbury bridge. Even so, it does seem a long way round.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 21 Apr 2015, 11:48

I think it's because of the weight limit on the river bridge - they can't get out any other way. Generally the weight limit is a boon (it cuts down HGV traffic in the town) but it's a little unfortunate in this case!

nigel rosser
👍

Tue 21 Apr 2015, 11:40

Does anyone have any idea why a replacement bus from Charlbury to Oxford should go via Burford and the A40? I'm pretty new here but it does seem quite a diversion.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.