Many thanks to our friends of Charlbury.

Stephen Evatt
👍

Mon 20 Apr 2015, 18:23

Hi Colm and tracy, sorry to hear that you have left the the Bell. Good luck in all you do. :-) Steve

Charlie M
👍

Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:01

Hello Tracy and Colm
I am so sorry to hear of this, and I wish you the very best of luck in whatever you do hereafter. I would like to thank you both (and Laura of course!) for the utterly wonderful provisions that you made for my Birthday Party guests on March 28th. My guests remarked on how much they had enjoyed it. Thank you again, so much, and I wish you all the very best for the future.

Jean Andrews
👍

Sun 19 Apr 2015, 19:36

Sorry to hear your news, Tracey. Wishing you well. Prayers, Jean (the Baptist!)

Tracy
👍

Fri 17 Apr 2015, 22:55

Hi Claire we will miss you too. We will keep in touch. Xx

Claire Emery
👍

Fri 17 Apr 2015, 19:20

Oh no...that is SO sad to hear especially as you two put so much energy into reviving the place.
Such a huge shame for you and for the town.
You will be greatly missed.

Take care both.x

Tracy
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2015, 15:28

Hi Gareth, I will certainly look through the link you sent. Thank you for your support. It means a lot.

Gareth Epps
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2015, 14:28

Tracy,
Thank you for your support. Sorry to hear you are leaving and the allusions to more shenanigans in the pub trade. You will be missed.

Not a Charlbury-related comment but as you may know, I've been heavily involved with the Fair Deal for your Local campaign that defeated the Government and has brought in place a strong new statutory code to reform the tied pub trade. There are various organisations, not least Licensees Supporting Licensees, who support licensees like yourselves fighting against the likes of Greene King and companies such as Sheldon Inns.

I can confidentially put you in touch with many who can offer support; I would also welcome your take on what is going on and who "Sheldon Inns" really are. My website www.garethepps.org.uk has a Contact Me page - please feel free to use that. Alternatively the Pubs Advisory Service is an excellent organisation offering pro bono support.

(I was brought up in Charlbury and was on the Town Council some years ago)

Tracy
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:12

Aww thank you James, Well I would love to think and hope we would come back another day...that said certainly not under Sheldon Inns. We are talking with people at the moment so all I can say is at the moment Sheldon have their grip on the Bell for how long I don't know.

James Styring
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2015, 12:05

I am sorry to hear that, we have really enjoyed our meals at your pub. Where are you going to?
What is going to happen with the pub?

Pearl Manners
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2015, 09:52 (last edited on Thu 16 Apr 2015, 09:53)

So sorry to hear that Tracy & Colm, you gave it your all. Best Wishes for your future x

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2015, 09:33

Sorry to learn your news, and I am a bit concerned about the 'different agenda.' I hadn't realized that it was no longer a Greene King property. Presumably this is Sheldon Inns (Worcester) Limited, a Private Limited Company registered on 17 July 2013 with only one company director listed. Listed as "Public Houses and Bars", but one can't help wonder if that is their real business.

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 16 Apr 2015, 08:52

Oh no! Gutted.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Wed 15 Apr 2015, 23:01

Thank you so much Tracy & Colm so sorry to hear this, thank you for all your support for Street Fair we will miss you both.

Tracy
👍

Wed 15 Apr 2015, 22:15

May we take this opportunity to thank all our new friends of Charlbury for the support given to my husband Colm and I in the 6 months we have been at the Bell.We are proud to say we put our heart and soul in to a place we loved from day 1 . Sheldon Inns clearly had a different agenda. You never know we may be back another day to the place and people we genuinely warmed to. Peace and salutations. X

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.