Only two local candidates?

russell robson
👍

Wed 15 Apr 2015, 22:06

I think you probably know the answer to your question Richard.

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 15 Apr 2015, 14:35 (last edited on Wed 15 Apr 2015, 14:48)

I would have been delighted if someone who lives in Charlbury or Finstock had wanted to stand for the District Council alongside me as a Lib Dem candidate.

I will throw the question back at you and other readers of the Forum, Richard - why are you not standing for…

Long post - click to read full text

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 15 Apr 2015, 11:30

I'm genuinely surprised that, of the five candidates for the District Council election on 7 May, only two are from the Charlbury and Finstock ward: Celia Kerslake (Green) lives in Charlbury and Rory Macarthur (Conservative) lives in Fawler.

The Labour candidate lives in Dean, the UKIP candidate in Middle Barton, and the LibDem candidate in Churchill - bear in mind that this was a LibDem-held seat until recently. Of course, you can live anywhere you like, but I'd have thought you'd be better positioned to understand and represent Charlbury's needs if you actually live here.

Are we not interested in local politics, or have we just given up on WODC?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.