Cyclists?

Rob Stringer
👍

Fri 19 Jun 2015, 16:36

Wish I could make it... Hope there's another opportunity like this soon.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 19 Jun 2015, 15:04

There's a guided ride from Charlbury to Oxford tomorrow, as part of the celebrations of the 20th anniversary of the National Cycle Network.

We're leaving from outside the churchyard, at the bottom of Church Street, at 2pm and riding via Cornbury, Finstock, East End, Hanborough, Yarnton and the Oxford Canal. Relaxed pace - all welcome. And there will be cake laid on at our Oxford destination!

Chris Tatton
👍

Wed 15 Apr 2015, 17:43

Rob _ sounds a good idea. Keep us posted.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Tue 14 Apr 2015, 14:27

I'd be interested, particularly if its an off road excursion. Sadly I'm not as fit as I should be and have barely cycled in the last 6 months, so a gentle start would be appreciated!

charlie clews
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2015, 15:48

There's a similar thing based in Witney.
www.ctcoxfordshire.org.uk/cycling-groups/ctc-witney

Rob Stringer
👍

Thu 9 Apr 2015, 13:42

James and Liz, good to hear there's some interest. I'll arrange something in a couple of weeks perhaps - weather depending - and be sure to post/advertise.

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 20:15

Yes please.

stephen cavell
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 18:54

I have a couple 811 504

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 13:40

Hi would anyone have one of the old school cycle pumps I could borrow please ? forum.charlbury.info/thread/2956
I need the type with a flexible hose that screws onto the tyre valve

James Styring
👍

Tue 7 Apr 2015, 10:02 (last edited on Tue 7 Apr 2015, 10:03)

Yes, I am interested - care of young children permitting.
Perhaps proposed rides could be posted at www.charlbury.info/cycling or www.charlbury.info/community#?
Also, is anyone into off-road riding round here? If so, I'm keen to learn some good local routes.

Edward Fenton
👍

Mon 6 Apr 2015, 21:59

Hi Rob! This sounds like an excellent idea. The new Walkers are Welcome initiative stemmed from - and came to fruition from - a posting very similar to yours. (I was involved with that quite early on, mainly because it sounded like such a good idea, although then I dropped out when I realised that others would be much more actively involved than me.)

I would imagine that there would be a good response locally to your idea. If you don't get much other feedback this time around, then maybe try again on a rainy day when most interested parties aren't out on their bikes!

Rob Stringer
👍

Mon 6 Apr 2015, 21:35

Today's glorious sunshine is turning my thoughts to weekend cycle rides. Is there an existing cycle group in the area? If not, there should be.

No fixed date in mind yet, but when the weather's a bit more consistent, my girlfriend and I would be keen to do a few semi-serious outings. By that, we mean a decent distance on road bikes - perhaps 30 miles/2-3 hours, but with a pub lunch to break it up.

If it appeals to anyone, we'll look at getting something in the diary and posting it here (if this is the right place).

Cheers.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.