Library

Nancy Whitfield
👍

Mon 30 Mar 2015, 21:12

Hi Jon

Great help and advice, thanks.
Just a mention about the Library staffing arrangements-
Sally Moore, the Manager, is only in Charlbury Library every Wednesday afternoon, 2-7pm, every Friday afternoon 2-5pm, and every Saturday 9.30 till 12.

So just to remind everyone, it's only the Volunteers in the Library all day Monday and Friday morning, with only the self-service machines operating, with your ticket, not the Library computer system on the front desk that Sally can access for further help.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 30 Mar 2015, 19:13

Thanks Tanya. Once Sally has logged in to the website and is a 'user', I can give her 'editing rights' to the library page. I'll try and drop into the library in the next few days and see if she is ok with it.

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Mon 30 Mar 2015, 15:27

Well done Jon. I did metion this to Sally and she was going to look into it. Now all she has to do is add to your page. Thanks.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 30 Mar 2015, 09:22 (last edited on Mon 30 Mar 2015, 19:07)

I have created a page for the library which appears under Arts and under Community. It gives the link to the County Council website which has useful information for all Charlbury library users.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 26 Mar 2015, 18:00

My experience is entirely with Apple computers and devices, so I'm probably not the right person to teach the use of a PC! I have said on here before that I'm happy to try and help people make sense of their iPads, and that offer stands.

I still think it is worth the library having a page on here.

Nancy Whitfield
👍

Thu 26 Mar 2015, 13:45

Hi John

I'm one of the Library Volunteers and the new manager, Sally Moore, is very keen to get involved with our Community, especially to tie in with other events in the Corner House.
One idea she has is to link with the Museum and have a special display of the history of the Primary School which has it's 200th anniversary this year.
Another is her partnership with Age Concern, to run a scheme to help people get more out of the computer. She says there is a waiting list for the scheme running at Woodstock Library. You may have seen her notice in the window, asking for Volunteers to help?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:48

Hullo library people! Could you please create a page for the library in the Community section of this website, and put your current opening hours in there? Many thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.