Community Centre Planning Application

Nancy Whitfield
👍

Wed 25 Mar 2015, 12:05

Well said-

"Rather than blame commuters/outsiders/the Town Council/developers/left handers/aliens we in the town could consider our habits and the towns needs."

Neil V.
👍

Wed 25 Mar 2015, 10:13

There are certainly more residents cars on Dyers Hill than in the recent past, which may explain Ruth's observation. As a general rule, the parking restrictions along that stretch deter station users from parking there.

Angus B
👍

Tue 24 Mar 2015, 16:16

It's not impossible that some of the cars parked in Dyers Hill belong to people who don't want to pay for parking at the station.

Ruth Williams
👍

Tue 24 Mar 2015, 14:39

There were many parking spaces in the new railway parking this morning and that's a Tuesday morning at 8.45am, not usually a "work at home day" as previously suggested. So why so many cars on Dyers Hill again? possibly residents who knows, doing a survey of cars on that hill and finding out where they come from might be a good survey if someone has the time?

russell robson
👍

Tue 24 Mar 2015, 12:10

I must be the luckiest person in Charlbury. (demonstrably I'm not, however...)

I have never in 12 years been unable to park in the Spendlove carpark. Even in the days of the gun shop.

I also completed the first car park survey on a rainy Wednesday in February. A good day to complete a survey as fewer people walk in the rain.

Rather than blame commuters/outsiders/the Town Council/developers/left handers/aliens we in the town could consider our habits and the towns needs.

A large number of speeding cars in charlbury are local, a large number of illegally parked cars are local and a large number of the poor drivers are local.

It's easy to blame other for the problems/issues of Charlbury, but prehaps we should clamber off our saintly little clouds and consider our contributions to the problems before always finding fault in others actions.

John Werner
👍

Tue 24 Mar 2015, 10:31

I just never understood why this 'central' car-park is 24hour one. That obviously turns it into some kind of P&R (in this case it's more like P&Walk). I am sure Richard is right and all those new extra spaces will help. Anyway, let's hope the community centre/sports hall will be up there soon!!!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:41

It's worth noting that parking pressure from the station should be reduced over the next year with 100 new spaces at Kingham station, 30 at Charlbury, 44 at Hanborough and 800 at Oxford Parkway. That's not to say that no commuters will want to park in the town, but I'm hopeful we might be at peak demand right now.

Pearl Manners
👍

Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:27 (last edited on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:30)

Sorry, I went to Co-op at 2.40 pm and there were several parking spaces. It just depends on the time of day obviously.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Tue 24 Mar 2015, 09:18

The survey was taken on a Friday which is a day with far fewer commuters using the train station . yesterday a Monday customers wanting to use the car park at the spendlove car park FULL !

stephen cavell
👍

Tue 24 Mar 2015, 07:48

Since the question of parking has been a central issue all through the debate around the Community Hall this survey really does seem inadequate. I hope that the results are not used for wider issues concerning traffic and Town planning.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Mon 23 Mar 2015, 14:23 (last edited on Mon 23 Mar 2015, 14:25)

Question regarding the parking with the community centre application, I see that the parking survey carried out was for one day or to be exact a whole 14 1/2 hr period on a cold day in February ? and that along with a previous survey carried out back in 2011(though they fail to say how many hours & minutes that one was over)and then come to the conclusion that its not being used to its full capacity! Surely you cannot get an accurate account of parking habits in a town over such a short period of time, I would of expected this to be over at least a month of continuous comings and goings in a major parking area as this is, especially with a large important application for community centre which will make parking even more challenging than it already is, for the applicants to get a more accurate reading of parking usage.

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 17 Mar 2015, 17:49

The Planning application for the new community centre has been submitted - many congratulations to all those involved
It may be viewed at the following link
publicaccess.westoxon.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=NLCKIVRKHGR00

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.