Heavy HGV lorries over 7.5 tons going over bridge

Mark Sulik
👍

Sat 21 Apr 2018, 11:46

27 HGV vehicles passed over the bridge in 1 day , Chaos and road blocked and damage to a building in Thames Street . On a positive note - no pot holes - need another 10 mins of fame and the tour of Britain Lycra fest again !

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 11 Jan 2017, 13:12

Excellent news. Well done OCC.

Mark Sulik
👍

Wed 11 Jan 2017, 12:58

Parked in the entrance of the Cricket Club, a survey vehicle from Oxford Count Council, recording movements of unsuitable HGV in excess of 7.5 tonne !
i reported one vehicle to the highways department, who then pass my details on to DVLA. The HGV in question, was not taxed !

Mark Sulik
👍

Tue 25 Oct 2016, 20:22

www.reachtimelapse.co.uk is a link to a camera based system that I am sure can be located and triggered to view vehicles / Heavy Goods Vehicles and may be a more simple option- or if anyone had the time, be paid to sit in a car like the way traffic surveys are / were done , with a camera ?

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 25 Oct 2016, 15:32

I spoke to our County Councillor Rodney Rose Deputy Leader Oxfordshire county Council today and he assured me that the works are not in the plan for Highways maintenance next year and that the work has low priority
Perhaps we need one of these www.tdcsystems.co.uk/solutions/weigh-in-motion

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:38 (last edited on Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:11)

If / when it gets closed , either for repair works , or when one of the articulated vehicles or HGVS that continue to ignore the restrictions ( one day last week - 8 vehicles in one morning counted -unable to get details ) falls into the river - Charlbury will be cut off and no access for commuters to park at the station. With a possible fine of over £ 400.00 per vehicle ( information from a previous posting if I recall correcty ) will pay for the repairs in one week and have money left over to repair the pot holes and poor road surfaces in the town . This could be an election winner !

Philippa Phelan
👍

Fri 14 Oct 2016, 11:05

As Liz says, Trading Standards are the people to go to not Highways. They have fined three companies that I have reported so far and there is another one pending. If you scroll down to the bottom of this link there is a form to complete where you can send a photo if you are quick enough to catch them on camera, but the main thing is the vehicle registration number. If you see me mumbling to myself walking up Dyers Hill that's probably what I'm trying to remember! Link is a m.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/weight-restriction-enforcement

russell robson
👍

Thu 13 Oct 2016, 07:59

I think works on the bridge are planned for the next financial year, in the OCC forward plan. I assume this was the purpose of the survey.

David Thomas
👍

Wed 12 Oct 2016, 23:43

It would be good to have a 7.5t limit everywhere in Charlbury to cut down the nuisance of big lorries.

Mark Sulik
👍

Wed 12 Oct 2016, 21:18

Bridge survey going on today? Do we have problems ?

michele marietta
👍

Thu 19 Feb 2015, 20:55

Hi Elizabeth. Thanks for the info. Perhaps we all need to keep a sharper lookout here.

elizabeth tait
👍

Wed 18 Feb 2015, 11:13

Just to say that when I can catch registration numbers of mighty lorries turning in to Thames Street having come over the bridge( prohibited), I record and report to Kate Dacies of the Trading Standard Service at OCC. Kate. Davies @ Oxfordshire. go.uk. or 07770832798. She meticulously responds following up drivers and companies, either with written warnings or potentially fines etc. Maybe the word will get round if we follow this up.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.