Charlbury Walkers are Welcome

Stephen Andrews
👍

Tue 9 Dec 2014, 07:48

Hi Jon, I checked the ISBN and also noted that OCC books no longer exists. If there are copies available then please let the Post Office know, so that they can re-stock.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 8 Dec 2014, 22:35

Who says that the Evenlode and Wychwood walks book is out of print?

Stephen Andrews
👍

Mon 8 Dec 2014, 19:37 (last edited on Mon 8 Dec 2014, 19:38)

In Summer, I went 'live' with promoting B&B in the centre of town, specifically to respond to this initiative and am happy to report that there is indeed demand. I have accommodated a number of active walkers (local and passing through on the Oxfordshire Way) and touring cyclists using the national signed routes. First suggestion: Alan & Louise Spicer's Evenlode and Wychwood OCC walk book should be reprinted, or the walks reproduced, as they are all excellent.

Tony H Merry
👍

Mon 8 Dec 2014, 13:52

Many may recall that last year we got a lot of signature in support of Charlbury's bid to become a Walkers are welcome Town. (for more information about the scheme see )
This was indeed successful and we have a good committee consisting of myself, Harriet Baldwin, Richard Fairhirst , Tony Graham and Peter Kenrick so we have 3 Cotswold Volunteer wardens, four Town Councillors and a great map maker.
We have now progressed to a stage where we will have an information board and a series of walks and in the New Year will start a programme of walks.
However we need more support and input from the community.
We would like to hear from those of you who are keen walkers or cyclists or who can provide facilities for visitors.
Perhaps you have a favourite walk you would like to recommend or you may feel that some walks are not suitable at present.
we want to have a variety of routes for Walkers but also for the disabled and those with children or dogs. We also want to promote cycling and horse riding and would like suggestions for this as well.
It would be nice if we could have a major event next year but would need help with this.
So please let us have your comments, suggestions and any offers of help

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.