Why bother ?

Alan Wilson
👍

Tue 9 Dec 2014, 16:09

Some people seem pretty relaxed about a large development on a green field site outside the town envelope for a solar farm, though. Is there much of a difference in principle other than where the profit/subsidy goes to?

glena chadwick
👍

Tue 9 Dec 2014, 10:27

And would also be a large development on a green field site outside the town envelope----which would not be good.

Leah Fowler
👍

Mon 8 Dec 2014, 18:10

A larger store on the edge of town would not be a lot of use to people without cars, or who do not drive.

Tony H Merry
👍

Mon 8 Dec 2014, 14:11

This does seem to be quite common Grahame but we have on of the Wardens in our Morris side who tells us they do visit quite regularly at different times and always issue tickets for such offences. Its not ideal but we should make it clear to those who do this that they really can get caught.
Although it would not result in a conviction I think you should report such parking to WODC and you can also send a photo which could deter them from parking there in future.

Matt Cardy
👍

Sat 6 Dec 2014, 17:33

The spaces might work better with a half hour parking restriction so there is a good chance of them being empty rather than being handy spaces empty 90% of the time. I'm not an expert but isn't it also possible to park on a double yellow line with a disabled badge? The problem was the co-op was constructed without really thinking out the traffic and parking. I'm aware of several vehicle accidents in the car park, I fear a pedestrian accident is only a matter of time. With the demands placed on this supermarket in retrospect a larger store on the edge of town might have been a better idea and would free this car park for other town visitors.

Grahame Ockleston
👍

Sat 6 Dec 2014, 14:31

2pm Saturday 06/12/2014
2 new parking bays, designated for disabled drivers.
Both occupied by cars not displaying blue badges, and a white van on the double yellow lines outside the Co-op
Lots of space in carpark and, indeed, adjacent on the road.
Is an occasional vist by a warden sufficient ?
Obviously not.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.