Corner House Notice Board

Maureen Sparling
👍

Thu 4 Dec 2014, 02:48

I can't ever remember the board being less than half full and I am a regular poster of local posters. I consider myself lucky if I can find one out of date to replace and I will place on top of long-standing courses, etc. Any that have become tatty and unreadable (as many have) go in the bin!

glena chadwick
👍

Wed 3 Dec 2014, 19:46

There has been a long standing argument about this subject. Leah is right that local events and non-commercial matters get priority. The trouble is that some local (but commercial) things---like yoga classes for example, stay up for a very long time. I'm sure people do need to know about them but they do take up space. Also a problem is that some events are put up far in advance of their date----which is annoying if one wants to promote something happening sooner. Personally I think that charitable and other non-profit making events, like concerts, which are happening in neighbouring villages should be able to be advertised if there is room. I think people would want to know about them as I would hope that people in Chadlington or the Wychwoods would want to know about CADS performances.

Elizabeth Watson
👍

Wed 3 Dec 2014, 19:04 (last edited on Wed 3 Dec 2014, 19:04)

Excellent, thanks Leah....And when the board is less than half full - do events that are not local to Charlbury still get removed - as mine was?

Leah Fowler
👍

Wed 3 Dec 2014, 18:38

Local events are given priority

Elizabeth Watson
👍

Wed 3 Dec 2014, 17:15

I wondered if anyone could demystify the protocol for posting A4 posters on the notice board outside the Corner House. I've had one removed and was wondering if it was perhaps because I used the wrong pins?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.