water pressure in Sturt Road

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Fri 7 Nov 2014, 07:34

Thanks for your help Paul and Phil.

The lead engineer that came with the team to dig up our garden mentioned that TW are considering the connection as they have had so many issues with the pipe. At this stage tho he didn't say it was certain and said it could be months away.

Judging by the state of the pipe they cut out in our garden the pipe has very little life left in it. You wouldn't be able to put a pencil down it. I fear connecting the existing one inch pipe to high pressure mains may only represent a temporary fix and could expose weaknesses elsewhere under ground on our properties.

We at least have a stop valve in our garden now which isolates 23 and 24 from the rest of the old pipe. I'm hoping this facilitates a connection to the main on Sturt Road.

If the connection isn't instated in the next few weeks I think we should collect signatures from the rest of the road as an absolute minimum.

Cheers

Simon

Phil Morgan
👍

Thu 6 Nov 2014, 00:23

Thank you Simon for driving this issue with Thames Water. I moved onto Sturt Road 10 years ago and water pressure has always been a problem. The old steel pipe through the rear gardens must now be rotten and leaking since being laid in 1952.
New connections to the large main under Sturt Road is the only way.
If I lose my water because of pipe failure, TW will pay me £1000s on their Homeserve Insurance. Phil.

Paul Butler
👍

Wed 5 Nov 2014, 18:07

Simon, come and knock on my door.....We have a case manger on this, we reported the low pressure (4 bar at best)in Dec 2013 and a leak was detected in April so obviously nothing was done. New valves have been fitted in the last week and work will commence next week to bypass the supply with a new feed from the pipe where the hydrant sits.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Tue 4 Nov 2014, 06:25

We have recently moved into Sturt Road (28th October) and immediately noticed the water pressure was low. Speaking to our neighbours informs us this has been a long standing problem. Yesterday some planned maintenance cut us off completely and 24hrs later we still have no running water.

We were told last night there is an unadopted main running through all our back gardens and that is the cause of the issue.

If you live on Sturt Road between 5 Ways and Lee Close this probably affects you. I would like to act as a group and get this sorted once and for all. There's a main in the road which we could all be connected to.

What else has been done to resolve the problem in the past? Who has complained and what has been said?

Thanks for any assistance in this.

Simon Himmens-Warrick

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.