Adverts

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 7 Nov 2014, 18:41

I might drop you a line about something related - cheers!

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Fri 7 Nov 2014, 16:54

Happy to lend a hand with any of that if you're looking for web heads...
Simon

john h
👍

Fri 7 Nov 2014, 16:42

Keep up the good work Richard

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 7 Nov 2014, 15:03

It's slightly more complex than that - I won't bore you with the technical details but it's possible for an image to appear the right way up in one program, but not in another. It's a known issue but not really worth fixing in the steam-powered code that currently powers the website - one of the reasons I'm working on an upgrade to something less antique!

john h
👍

Fri 7 Nov 2014, 12:03 (last edited on Fri 7 Nov 2014, 12:04)

Surely all you need to do is to make sure your image is in the correct orientation before you submit your ad,it is not rocket science!!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 7 Nov 2014, 07:59

Yes, it's on the list for the site backend rebuild. I wouldn't say that "everywhere else" it's respected though - I've seen plenty of places where it isn't!

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Fri 7 Nov 2014, 07:40

I suspect a tweak to the image handling mechanism on tge adverts is possible. Everywhere else images are posted these days the camera orientation is respected in the display. Most digital cameras these days write that into the data with the picture. I'd be happy to help if this proves tricky. I agree having posted some ads that its not great. Sometimes tho to get detail height not width is required.

Cheers

Simon

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sun 2 Nov 2014, 23:51

Yes I agree and can advertisers please delete their advert once sold. Thank you

john h
👍

Sun 2 Nov 2014, 23:02

Please can advertisers ensure their pictures are in portrait not landscape format, as it is difficult to assess the object for sale on occasions. John H

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.