gold ring and petrol scam

Katie Ewer
👍

Sat 11 Oct 2014, 14:19

Same here, A guy waved me down on Friday at about the same time. He was parked in the lay-by near the back entrance to Blenheim. I told him where the petrol station at Judds was and carried on. I've only just realised that is was probably the same people.

Sue Normand
👍

Fri 10 Oct 2014, 17:42

This has happenined to me today - on the road to Woodstock sbout 12.25pm. They were stopped by the drive to Hill Barn Farm. Said they'd rung out of fuel, waved an ID of some sort at me and the gold ring, on which point I drove off. I got my son to ring the local police who said they would come out, however I guess they would have driven on too. It was a mercedes silver saloon car, german registered I think, though I wouldn't say they were German. watch out!

Geoff Holmberg
👍

Thu 2 Oct 2014, 11:02

In the last 24 hours I've heard of two similar cases of this scam in the area. Your car is stopped and two men claim to have run out of petrol and offer a "gold" ring as security for money to buy petrol.
See www.itv.com/news/anglia/2012-05-24/warning-as-fuel-scam-tricksters-target-rural-roads-in-essex/

The police advice is to take their registration number and dial 999.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.