Excellent new little cafe in Market Street

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:45

Dear Francesca, There was also a handwritten notice up on the door on Friday saying that the cafe was closing at 5.30, with a private function from 6. I have yet to try your shop, so was disappointed.

Mark Purcell
👍

Mon 20 Oct 2014, 09:36

You were closed at 9.10 on Saturday morning and the shop was all in darkness, when you supposedly open at 9 - so I got my coffee elsewhere. On Saturday evening I called at 18.05 looking for a glass of wine (you close at 18.30), and that time the lights were on but the front door was locked!

Ciardi Coffee House
👍

Sun 19 Oct 2014, 19:08

Dear Mark, hour opening time are always the same. From Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 18:30 and Saturday from 9 to 18:30. Sunday close.
We are there all time, when have you come to find us closed ?????
Francesca Ciardi

Mark Purcell
👍

Sat 18 Oct 2014, 18:17

I wish you all the best with the coffee house, and on the one occasion I have been I really liked it - but may I ever so gently point out that I have visited three times in the last week or so at times when you were advertised as being open and found you were in fact closed. I don't think you will thrive if you don't have consistent and reliable opening times.

Ciardi Coffee House
👍

Sat 18 Oct 2014, 15:38

Dear Emily, I wish I would already do it, but I am struggling to stabilise the frequentation of the Coffee House at present. Still cant understand it. Some days I sell almost everything and some I am obliged to have a lot of waste and therefore I wary to prepare new lines as I have a personal policy to serve the freshest products possible. This is a slow season and some day we work very little as well as some very much especially at the end of the week.
I promise I will, it was already settle from day one to have a line gluten free and one lactose free. I will need to increase the staff too to have all we need and waiting to do so until possible.
Actually, all our frittatas are fully gluten free and if you wish you would be able to order warm camembert and mozzarella salads. Today I made a very nice Pannacotta and red fruits coulis that are fully gluten free. Please pop there to have one.
At soon,
Francesca

Emily Algar
👍

Fri 10 Oct 2014, 15:56

I went in last Saturday and it was really lovely. Very relaxed and the staff were very sweet. My only question is, will the Ciardi Coffee House be serving any gluten free cakes or pastries in the near future?

Ciardi Coffee House
👍

Fri 3 Oct 2014, 23:55

After all we have chosen to close the Ciardi Coffee Shop on Sunday, all day. That will give the staff a full resting day to spend with their family and friends. They all work hard during the week.
We will be open every Saturday from 9 to 18:30 and all week days from 8 to 18:30.
Looking forward to see you soon at Ciardi C. H.
Francesca

Suzy M-H
👍

Fri 3 Oct 2014, 13:15

Went in for the first time this morning. What a lovely little cafe! Its been beautifully renovated, the savoury food looked delicious (I had a nice coffee and pastry). With great food and friendly service, I think it's going to be a success - it was really busy when I was in there. Can't wait to go again!

Ciardi Coffee House
👍

Mon 29 Sep 2014, 21:24

Malcolm, I rather prefer to say to call inn. Hope to see you soon..
Cheers,
Francesca

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Mon 29 Sep 2014, 21:16

Francesca if we want to book do we call into the coffee house or telephone?

Ciardi Coffee House
👍

Sun 28 Sep 2014, 23:08

Hello all!! I am sorry if it has been a confusion on the opening and closing time of Ciardi Coffee House. We should have put a notice on the window. Anyhow......!!!
The coffee shop it will be open from 8 to 18:30 form Monday to Friday, from 9 to 18:30 on Saturday and from 9 to 15 on Sunday. But this is for now since we still don't know yet the response of the clients. We could turn around those opening times in the future following the requests.
We have an Happy Hour from 16:00 to 18:30, 15% discount, every day, except on Sunday, of coarse !!!
We are considering also to be opened for supper on Friday and Saturday if we will have enough bookings. In that case we are considering a two or three courses menu at a setup price. And will let it know as soon as we will be ready for it, maybe from next week ???
We care to say thank you for your kind attention and we promise you to do all we can to never disappoint you.
At soon at Ciardi Coffee House,
Francesca

Clare Carswell
👍

Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:32

I went down at 4.30 for cake today and was sorry that it was closed. There were two other people peering in the window too who had driven into Charlbury from the campsite especially to buy themselves a meal for supper and they were disappointed that it was closed too.

john h
👍

Sun 28 Sep 2014, 17:44 (last edited on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 17:45)

Not today, went looking for refreshment it was closed at 15.50!! and for what ever reason the Town was buzzing this afternoon,a missed opportunity??

John H

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sun 28 Sep 2014, 12:02

Looks like they are offering a Sunday roast today

Liz Leffman
👍

Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:34 (last edited on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:34)

Opening times are 8am till 6.30pm weekdays and 9.30am till 6.30pm Saturday and Sunday

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Sat 27 Sep 2014, 20:30

Does anyone know opening times? Is food served in the eveings?

Megan Bell
👍

Thu 25 Sep 2014, 14:26

Lovely Italian coffee, great pastries. Also lunches too. All prepared fresh amd on a small scale. Top quality. I wish them every success. Was buzzing when we were in.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.