Street Fair Evening Bands

Rachael Lunney
👍

Mon 20 Oct 2014, 18:02

Just to say we have booked idots for next year. Also we will address sound

Wendy Bailey
👍

Mon 22 Sep 2014, 23:07

Yes please for the return on the Stonesfield Village Idots, we know the band are the very best I agree with both opinions already posted. With correct light & sound as last year was. We now they are the best final act of a great day. Thank you to the band!

Charlie M
👍

Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:02 (last edited on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:15)

I will merely reproduce here the section of my Facebook write-up of the Street Fair that deals with the evening bands. I hope that my opinion of the Stonesfield Village idiots persuades the powers that be to book them again for next year!

"... Music on the street started with Jess Goyder, who I'd not heard (or heard of) before, but apparently she lives in Charlbury and has played Glastonbury Festival a few times. She was accompanied by a band comprising guitar, fiddle and drums and made a very nice noise. I'll certainly try to get to see her again.

Then it was time for The Village Idiots, Stonesfield! No strangers to Charlbury Street Fair, these guys are quite simply the best covers band I have ever seen, and are exactly what the doctor ordered for an event such as Street Fair. The standard of musicianship is nothing short of superb, and the harmonies of Darcy, Lucy and Georgia are magical.

I'd not seen The Village Idiots since last street fair, and had forgotten one particular song that they do that I had thanked them for afterwards: suddenly Lucy came out with "This song is for Charlie Monck, right down the front here … when we did this last year he said it almost made him spontaneously combust!", and with that they went into J J Cale's "Call Me The Breeze"! OH YESSSSSSSSSSSS! The piano player was - there is no other description - abusing his piano like a Dervish on heat. Simply wonderful!

All too soon it was over, and I had to shift out quickly ..."

I must, however, reluctantly agree with Phil about the quality of the lighting in particular (generally I found the sound not ideal, but adequate, and probably better than I could have done!). The lighting, however, was a major issue, and needs to be addressed seriously before next year. My suggestion would be that CADS be asked if they have either the means or the knowledge to assist.

Phil Morgan
👍

Mon 22 Sep 2014, 00:16

I love The Idiots. I have watched them many times and they are a great outfit and great crowd-pleasers.
Sadly, yesterday they were badly let down by poor technical support. The lighting was awful - the front girls sang in the dark! Live performance involves seeing the faces, the eyes, the expressions...
Worse though was the sound control - lots of feedback screams, Kathy's sax solo totally lost, male vocalist almost going acoustic at times, bass booming over the song lyrics, etc. I could write an essay about it. Such a shame.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sun 21 Sep 2014, 19:18

Happy to sponsor them again next year, they were great.

Rachael Lunney
👍

Sun 21 Sep 2014, 17:35

Hiya We like to get people feedback on the Evening bands, please so we now who to book next year
one question would people like to have Stonesfield Village Idots are as we had them for last three years. please can you say

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.