The escape verge between Fiveways and Baywell Cottage.

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:48

Will OCC feel responsible for anything that may happen to a pedestrian in the road because there is no escape from traffic? Lorries are the width of half the road at that point and cars only slightly less. OCC Highways surfaced the area originally. When I was erecting new access gates to my property five years ago OCC stipulated the height as the area they said, was within the jurisdiction of the Highways. They are 18feet from the road. But not responsible for a strip which could save lives?

Tony H Merry
👍

Wed 17 Sep 2014, 11:21

I have checked again with Rodney Rose and the problem is the width of the path - OCC does not consider this to be a footpath as it is way below national standard for path width and construction, and to treat it as a footpath would render OCC liable for anything that may happened to a pedestrian in this area.

So unfortunately there is not much that can be done

Jean Adams
👍

Thu 28 Aug 2014, 22:59

It was Councillor Rose who said two years ago that Oxon CC did not have the funds to clear this area.

Tony H Merry
👍

Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:26

I suggest that you send this to Rodney Rose our County Councillor and deputy Leader of OCC Rodney.Rose@Oxfordshire.gov.uk and I would be pretty sure you will get some action

Jean Adams
👍

Wed 27 Aug 2014, 20:08 (last edited on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 20:11)

To Fix My Street.
As the oxon cc have not seen the need to clear this verge which is an essential escape from traffic. I have cut down all the foliage and nettles. they are now blocking a main drain.
I cleared this myself on Saturday morning and left the debris in a pile blocking a main drain for Oxon CC Highways to clear. They have refused to deal with this dangerous area in the past. THEIR REPLY- We have inspected this problem according to our Highways policies and have assessed that no further work is currently required. However we will continue to monitor it over the next 3 months. Thank you for your report.Is this why we pay Council Tax?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.