Charlbury barber

Jeremy Baldock
👍

Sat 16 Aug 2014, 08:32

It's such a shame that an established Charlbury business is being run into the ground through apathy. When Dominic first took over he was closed Sunday and Monday but lately he closed Tuesday and Thursday as well. I've given up with him until he domonstrates he is going to be open when says he is rather than wasting my time by being unreliable.

Leah Fowler
👍

Fri 15 Aug 2014, 09:43

Pre Peter Cahill--My Dad Stan Atkins is spinning in his grave!!

John Stanley
👍

Fri 15 Aug 2014, 00:01

When Pete Cahill ran the business, he was open Monday to Saturday. He, himself, did not work on Mondays, but Daniel was there then. Daniel would also often step in when Pete was unavailable on other days. On Saturdays, Brian assisted. Since Pete's retirement and move to Lincolnshire, Brian has continued to work on Saturdays as if nothing has happened. I must admit that, in recent months, when I passed the shop at times when it should have been open, Dominic was not there on about 18 times out of 20. He really needs to find someone to step in to keep the shop open, if he is not to lose all his customers.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 14 Aug 2014, 17:25

I wish he was open those times !

John Dora
👍

Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:59

I've found he opens at 9.30 and clears up by 4PM Tuesday to Friday

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:59

The business/loyalty card I think was with Gemma that took over from Peter and not the current owner since when it has had
very variable opening times .

Andrew Chapman
👍

Thu 14 Aug 2014, 16:56

I think it changed hands again after that. The present incumbent does a good job - but where is he? Alas, although I'd rather support a Charlbury business, I have just come back from a shearing in Witney. They're now selling bags of my locks in the market.

Ian Lewis
👍

Thu 14 Aug 2014, 15:08

Just found a business/loyalty card from when the business changed hands from Peter's, opening hours 0900-1800 M-F and Saturday 0700-1430. Only usually used it early saturday morning so can't confirm if the M-F hours were ever used.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:18

The hours used to be displayed in the window not any more ! we get fed up of people asking in the Post Office when he is open . it does seem very rare when he is open

Ian Lewis
👍

Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:09

I have also been trying to find opening hours, walked down 3 times this week between 0900 and 0930 but never open. Only info on this website is for Peter's so a few years out of date. Would be good if times were displayed in the window.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:06

We notice he is open Wednesday morning's but not to early ! and and every Saturday morning's

Andrew Chapman
👍

Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:27

Is the Charlbury barber ever open these days? Every time I try the shop is shut and there are no times in the window, so it's hard to guess when to go. My hair is now down to my ankles.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.