Cotswold Maternity Unit

Helen Chapman
👍

Thu 5 Jun 2014, 20:31 (last edited on Thu 5 Jun 2014, 20:32)

I had my second son in the new birthing unit. It is a lovely place. It's not too busy, so you'd be unlucky not to get in there, and both rooms have a pool. It was closed briefly after some complaints from midwives working there, so you might want to check any issues from that are resolved.

Alexandra Tainsh
👍

Thu 5 Jun 2014, 14:16

Thank you both very much, that's really helpful!! I did really like it and feel confident in the care that would be provided - it's great to hear that you both had positive experiences as well.

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 5 Jun 2014, 13:25

I would second what Kat said. I had my first at Chippy and my second at the Horton. Both were absolutely great water births, but i think Chippy is nicer as it is quieter and you are more likely to get one-to-one care.

Kat Patrick
👍

Thu 5 Jun 2014, 04:21

I haven't had my kids in the new unit, but the old one was brilliant (had all four of mine in the birthing pool there -- not at the same time!) and it's great to deliver a baby in a quiet unit like the one at Chippy if your indications are that you're due a normal birth.

Alexandra Tainsh
👍

Wed 4 Jun 2014, 14:56

Hello there, I'm pregnant with my first child, due towards the end of the year and was wondering if anyone has given birth at the Cotswold Maternity Unit at Chipping Norton? I had a look around yesterday and it seems excellent but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has given birth there. Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.