Open Gardens - Plants for Sale

Peter Kenrick
👍

Mon 2 Jun 2014, 12:18

Many thanks to everyone who made delicious cakes for us. I have two plates on which cakes were delivered to us. If you think one of them may be yours, please give me a call on 01608 811021.

Peter Kenrick
👍

Mon 2 Jun 2014, 12:16

Thank you Jon for your kind words and I would also like to echo Jon's thanks to all those who opened their gardens yesterday and worked so hard to make the experience an enjoyable one for everyone. Thanks also to the rest of the Street Fair team and to everyone who helped and supported us in so many ways.

Last but not least, many thanks to everyone who turned out to visit the gardens (well over 250 of you!) and support the event. We are still finalising the figures but, with your help, we will have raised a near-record sum for the Charlbury Open Gardens event for the Corner House and War Memorial Hall. I will post figures as soon as I can.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sun 1 Jun 2014, 23:23

And thanks to Peter and his committee for creating the opportunity to see some wonderful gardens, and the people who so kindly opened their gardens to the multitude. It was immensely enjoyable and part of a valuable fundraising effort by a heroic few for the benefit of the community at large. Thanks again!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sun 1 Jun 2014, 14:19

Thanks Diana! Off for the fun now...

Diana Limburg
👍

Sun 1 Jun 2014, 12:18

Gardens open 2-6 pm. Tickets £5 for adults, children under 12 free. Tickets available from 1:30 from the Corner House Garden. Tea and cakes in the Memorial Hall. Quiz for children. (Info from poster at Corner House)

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sun 1 Jun 2014, 11:28

Peter -- just checked under 'Events' and it doesn't say when the gardens open. Also, where does one pay and/or get a list of gardens? Can I download a list/map?

Peter Kenrick
👍

Sat 31 May 2014, 13:05

During our Charlbury Open Gardens event on Sunday (1st June) Julie Penny has kindly agreed to offer donated plants for sale again at 16 Wychwood Paddocks, which is one of the open gardens - all proceeds go to the Corner House and Memorial Hall. If you are a gardener, and have some surplus bedding or vegetable plants that you are prepared to donate to this sale, please contact me on 01608 811021 or take them directly to Julie at 16 Wychwood Paddocks - thanks.

Whether you have plants to donate or not, do come along and enjoy the gardens, teas & cakes, children's quiz and raffle with wonderful prizes - all in support of your community. See you there.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.