Boundary Walk

Anthony Merry
👍

Sun 25 May 2014, 20:20

The good townspeople of Charlbury may rest safe on their beds as we have just secured our boundaries by completing the Boundary walk today
So for another year our boundary is established and secure
By the way we had a very nice and interesting walk so thanks to all those who joined us and to the landowners who gave us access
Why don't you join us next year?

Anthony Merry
👍

Sat 24 May 2014, 16:09

Update
I have been checking several sections of the walk after the rain and I am please to report that generally the ground is still not too bad so it should be OK for the walk.
However there is quite a lot of very wet undergrowth sometimes nearly waist high in places so I would strongly advise waterproof good footwear and trousers. It would certainly NOT be a good idea to attempt it in shorts as there are also large nettle beds along with thistles and some brambles.I have cleared some of the worst sections but it is still pretty high in some parts.
If anyone would like a lift to the start or to the lunch break at Banbury Hill farm please either telephone me on 10608 811022 or text me on 07580 917584. There will be lifts from the station car park to the start of the walk at 9.45 anyway
Looking forward to seeing people there

Anthony Merry
👍

Thu 22 May 2014, 10:09

This Sunday 25th May Harriet Baldwin will be leading the Charlbury Parish Boundary Walk. It will start at 10.00 from the Boundary Oak at the top of Forest Road past the station. Lifts will be available from the station at 9.45
This is a chance to walk on paths not normally open to the public and it is possible to join/leave the walk at various points where it crosses roads. The total length is about 12 miles taking about 6 hours.
This year we will stop for lunch at Banbury Hill Farm.
It is possible to bring dogs but they must be kept on a lead at all times.
If you need any further information please either contact me through the website or at 811022

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.