Replies to Adverts placed on the Charlbury website

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 22 May 2014, 13:06

Somewhere on my to-do list is the idea of getting the website to send automatic reminders after a week or two: "You placed an advert a week ago. Has it been sold? If so, click here to remove the item."

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 21 May 2014, 10:19

Yes. I have.

People can delete (or edit) their advert once an item has gone, but it seems they sometimes don't bother, or perhaps don't realise that they can.

When you place an ad, you see the instruction:

'Once your item has been sold, please revisit the page and click 'Remove' to take it off.'

Would it be good idea if adverts automatically expired after, say, 7 days, so people would have to replace them if the goods really had not gone?

Ruth Williams
👍

Wed 21 May 2014, 07:49 (last edited on Wed 21 May 2014, 07:49)

Good Morning.
I regularly log on to the Charlbury Website which I find very useful. Over the last few months I have replied to several Adverts which have been placed and have not had a reply from the person placing the advert even though I have texted or left a message on their phone. Has anyone else had the same experience?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.