Please stand for Town Council!

Anthony Merry
👍

Thu 29 May 2014, 12:48

Welcome to our new Town Councillor Harriet Baldwin who came to her first meeting yesterday

Anthony Merry
👍

Mon 31 Mar 2014, 22:12

If you are not sure why not ask one of us? As Cathy says it would be good to even up the gender balance a bit.
I forgot to also say that you need no previous experience of the council which applied to many of us. We are also totally non-political and are all free to speak our own mind

Kathy Broughton
👍

Mon 31 Mar 2014, 20:14

Please re-read Tony's entry and consider standing for Town Council. It is an exciting time right now to be involved. I encourage everyone--especially women 8-) --to consider participating in planning the future for this wonderful town.
Talk to a councillor if you have any questions or have any worries or reservations--please.

Anthony Merry
👍

Sat 22 Mar 2014, 08:38

I agree it is interesting to be a Town Councillor and to feel you are involved in making decisions which affect the Town even though this may be difficult at times. A;so our Council has no political party members so we all are free to express our own opinions.
If you are worried about the time it takes it need not be so much. We usually have meetings on two evenings per month along with time to go through the paperwork.
There will be an election if more than one candidate comes forward which will be on Thursday 22nd May.
We really do need people from all different backgrounds so why not put your name down and join us. We know many of you have views about our lovely Town so here is a chance to put them into action

Liz Reason
👍

Wed 19 Mar 2014, 19:31

Charlbury is entering an interesting and exciting new phase as we develop the Community-led and Neighbourhood Plans. Be a part of planning Charlbury's future by standing for the Town Council to fill the new vacancy. It could be fun!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.