Lost TV from Walcott.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Thu 12 Dec 2013, 14:36

In reply to Jon, no, my neighbours are mainly on Walcott, though all the new houses on the N side of the road are definitely on Beckley and judging by the number of dishes, I suspect that most people are now on satellite, either freesat or Sky, both of which I am avoiding as I watch so little TV, and record quite a lot with iPlayer.

TV is back at the moment, 2:30pm, Thursday 12 Dec. but it was still mainly missing at breakfast time; just occasionally viewable, but kept breaking up and disappearing.

Ian Lewis
👍

Thu 12 Dec 2013, 11:03

TV reception from Walcott returned around 10pm last night for us.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 12 Dec 2013, 09:26

Andrew: don't most of your neighbours use Beckley?

JILL HARRISON
👍

Thu 12 Dec 2013, 09:24

I'm also on the Walcott broadcast station and live in Whiteoak Green and we have nothing, tried re setting channels but nothing, remember getting this when fog and snow before. Let's hope the fog lifts by Christmas!

Ian Lewis
👍

Wed 11 Dec 2013, 21:42 (last edited on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 09:35)

Just lost everything, have got this before when raining, never been able to confirm if it is my ariel /cable or the transmitter. I always assumed it was my ariel as if the whole town was losing the Walcot signal I would have heard about it.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 11 Dec 2013, 21:28

https://www.radioandtvhelp.co.uk/templates/bbcfaqs/rtis_site/postcodePage shows there are no problems with the Walcott transmissions other than the high atmospheric pressure that is causing problems in the south Midlands, mentioned at www.bbc.co.uk/reception/ and https://www.radioandtvhelp.co.uk/templates/bbcfaqs/rtis_site/postcodePage

Perhaps I need a better aerial, or to point it at the Beckley site instead of Walcott; I would also get more channels if I did that. We are obviously considered the "poor relations", those of us that use Walcott.

Ian Lewis
👍

Wed 11 Dec 2013, 20:30

All Ok at the moment.

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 11 Dec 2013, 17:38

Has anybody else lost all their TV channels from the Walcott repeater broadcast station today? We have nothing at all on any channel, though the signal strength meter that show on one of our TVs shows the signal we're getting to be at normal strength.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.