New shop in town

sarah Billington
👍

Sat 16 Nov 2013, 15:24

Hello Andrea, my opening hours are 10am to 4pm everyday apart from wednesday and sunday when i am closed. I have 3 types of cushion in at the moment, and a new one due this week but they are not particularly large so may not be suitable. To view these and the rest of my stock please visit www.shabbysheep.co.uk.

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sat 16 Nov 2013, 11:37

Hello Sarah. Thank you for your message. Yes I will indeed be coming back into your shop as I am hoping you might be able to help me out on some large cushions... Just need to clear a sore throat first. But I will come & visit in the week hopefully. What are your opening times? x

sarah Billington
👍

Wed 6 Nov 2013, 15:39

Hello everyone my name is Sarah and i run Shabby sheep, thank you for all your lovely comments on here and your custom. I am new to owning a shop so appreciate all the positive feedback. Andrea, i'm very sorry you felt you were ignored on saturday our opening day, but please do come back in the week for a browse if you haven't already, when it is a lot less hectic and i can give you my full attention. I hope to do well in Charlbury and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Tue 5 Nov 2013, 18:32

This has gone way off from what my post was about. I wasn't suggesting at all not to give them a chance, or to have a go at them. It just would have been nice to have a chat with the owner or member of staff & see if they could help with what I need, especially after the busy morning I already had & taking the time to go down & support a new business - I was just a little disappointed, that was all.
I work & live in Charlbury & will support any new business that comes in - as you said, Charlbury needs it. There were other people that came into the shop around the same time, so it wasn't just me. I think we just came in at a time when the owner/staff just couldn't spend time with us. I will pop back in again soon, as I had said in my firt post. x

Edward Fenton
👍

Mon 4 Nov 2013, 20:58

I totally agree with Vickie and Heather. We bought a piece of furniture there today. The proprietors are young and enthusiastic, and I really hope they do well - they deserve to, and it's good for all of us and for Charlbury as a town.

Vickie J
👍

Mon 4 Nov 2013, 18:39

I went in today. The lady there was really nice. It's has some lovely things and I hope they do well. It's good to see new businesses coming to town and I wish them all the best.

Heather Donegan
👍

Mon 4 Nov 2013, 11:20

That's very strange Andrea. I went in around lunch time and both people working in the shop engaged with me and were very informative about the stock and what they are aiming at. They were similarly attentive (when required) to other people who came in, while giving us space to browse.
As you say, they've done the shop up very nicely, all their own work. No mean feat considering the 'conversion' they took on.
To anyone else reading this,
In my opinion, new shops are vital to keep the town alive. The more shops there are, the more it will attract others and equally importantly give people an incentive to walk down into the centre of the town. This has to be good for all the other shops.
Let's give them a chance, support them if we can but if not leave them be to get on and build their business.

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Sat 2 Nov 2013, 19:35

Apparently according to the web site they sell STUFF!

big stuff
smaller stuff
handknit stuff

Emily Algar
👍

Sat 2 Nov 2013, 16:44

From their website I think it was their opening at 10am today, so that might explain the champagne but not the being ignored.

Andrea Swinburne
👍

Sat 2 Nov 2013, 15:59

Has anyone been down to look at The Shabby Sheep shop? The shop has been done up very nicely. I popped in this afternoon but sadly wasn't greeted, or offered any help. So have come away still not knowing who actually was running the shop or what they sell. There just seemed to be a small group of people drinking champagne & having private conversations between themselves. Will try again in the week.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.