Car sharing?

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Mon 15 Jun 2015, 13:00

Fords new car share scheme 'GoDrive'

www.breakeryard.com/blog/fords-godrive-scheme/?utm_source=Customers-10-2013&utm_campaign=cd83154df5-June_2015_L_to_O_Newsletter_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c085751039-cd83154df5-75617365

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 30 Jan 2015, 19:12

Thanks James.

James Styring
👍

Fri 30 Jan 2015, 18:13

Hi Hannen, add me to the list please. How many more do you need to make the scheme feasible? WRT their comment "We would also look at whether there are businesses nearby who could use the cars during the working week" perhaps I have an unusual customer profile but it's during the week I'd use it if and when our car is being used by my wife (and when it's too icy or far to cycle) for business as well as leisure. I would be less likely to need it at the weekend. This may be true of others? Be great for Charlbury to have a car club.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:49

Ok - here we go! The car club will only work if there are enough subscribers: personal and business - see below
"As Charlbury is quite far outside of our Oxford car club area we would need some form of funding to help us with the costs of the car club as otherwise we would be opening ourselves up to (potentially) a lot of risk. We would also look at whether there are businesses nearby who could use the cars during the working week (Monday ?" Friday 9am-6pm)."

So could all those interested please email me at hannenbeith@me.com and we shall see if this is a realistic idea.

Many thanks, Hannen.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 13 Dec 2014, 17:24

I am in touch with the powers that be. Probably a few weeks before you hear from me again. Lots of criteria!

John Werner
👍

Sat 13 Dec 2014, 14:24

Thank you for an update and also doing (or at least trying to get it going) this.

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 12 Dec 2014, 18:11

Liz has forwarded the info. I'll take this forward, and keep you all in the loop.
Hannen.

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 11 Dec 2014, 10:22

I'd be interested Liz. Please could you send it to me? Thanks.

Liz Reason
👍

Wed 10 Dec 2014, 19:03

I started to investigate setting up a car club because about five times a year we need two cars. Until recently we were sharing our second car with two other households but then it failed the MOT. I've got an email from the Cooperative Car Club with a bit of info but it needs someone to spend a bit more time on it than I have. Happy to forward that on if anyone's interested in pursuing.

John Werner
👍

Tue 9 Dec 2014, 15:46

Hello there,just wondering if you have managed to get the car sharing thing going yet?

Clare Carswell
👍

Fri 27 Sep 2013, 15:57

I am interested in car sharing. I have a clean driving license and full no claims bonus too.

Miles Walkden
👍

Tue 17 Sep 2013, 08:56

We would be interested in this. please keep us in the loop.

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 16 Sep 2013, 18:01

We are a professional couple living in Charlbury. Both self-employed with clean driving licenses and full no claims bonus. We are contemplating "going green" and giving up our car.
Most of the time we can use buses to Oxford etc. and the train to London, but there will be the odd occasion each month when we need a car for a day or sometimes two.
Are there any car share schemes in Charlbury? If not, has anyone thought of starting one? We envisage paying a reasonable rate and/or a skill swap.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.