Thanks for the free food!

Judith Haynes
👍

Sat 7 Sep 2013, 17:24

Thanks for the tip! I have just gathered loads of blackberries - I thought I might have been a bit late this year, but there are masses left!

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Thu 29 Aug 2013, 10:57

I just wanted to pass thanks down through the years to who ever decided to plant the edges of the Nine Acres playing field with plum trees. Ten minutes picking while my kids played and I gathered a big load of lovely sweet, if small, yellow and red plums, which are now five delicious jars of jam - scrummy. There were still plenty there for others too.

And on a similar note, the blackberry tangle between Nine Acres playground the the gravelly carpark, behind the sports and social club, has also produced a bumper crop this year - blackberry and apple crumble for our family tonight.

My runner beans may not be doing much this year, but I'm quids in as far as free fruit goes!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.